It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'm sorry, but I do not understand why DECK is so slow?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:58 am 
I understand it takes time to manufacture and develope product, but to make keycaps should not take that long. I have had a DECK board for over 3 months now and I still see the same old answer to KEY CAPS. Give us your ten suggestions and we will make them available for gamers. I know there have probably been over 100 suggestions by now, because I have seen some suggestions in this forum and have made many myself. Where are the KEYCAPS? I have lost all confidence in DECK because they have yet to come through with what they say in a timely manner. Yes, I know thay made the green TOXIC keyboard, but I can tell you that was in the works long before they had their little name deal. I love the keyboard, but I just wish they would come through with the KEYCAP deal so we can decide what caps we would like to use? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:16 am 
Don't you think it's a bet unfair to lose faith in a small company over this? Let me clue you in on product cycles by saying, 3 months is very very small window of time for ANY buisness. Meaning, what do you expect them to get done in such a small amount of time? There are so many factors to take into account that it's honestly really hard to judge them over this. What if the turn around was 60 days or 90 days from the time they had a final list of keys they felt were worth making that could be sold, to placing the order and then waiting for them? What about all the other factors like, time, resources, and man power?

They may have also decided to or HAD to set aside other projects to give the full sized keyboard their full attention. If so, then I am sure many of us would be happy for them to do just that. I know I will order a full sized board once it's offered. And if they are giving it their full attention which I am sure they are, then I'm that much more happy.

I'm guessing that Deck Keyboards is made up of 3 to 4 people. Founder, a buisness partner, which are also Decks main investors, office personnel which is maybe one person. That person handles email, phone and most likely ships the profuct out to us.

If you would have taken a few minutes to think about this a little more indepth, you would have been able to come up with a much more clearer picture of what's really going on down there.

Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a slew up new key caps. What if there isn't that much interest? They arent going to pump money into something that, 15 people have said they would like. Who knows. A general rule of thumb especially for small companies like Deck is to have patience and be happy with what we do get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:45 am 
"I'm guessing Deck keyboards i smade up of 3 to 4 people"

you'd be guessing wrong... but since I am guessing your a moron (2nd poster) I guess it won't really get through to you.

2nd poster quote, "If you would have taken a few minutes to think about this a little more indepth, you would have been able to come up with a much more clearer picture of what's really going on down there. Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a slew up new key caps."

Who are you anyway? To bad you didn't take a few minutes to think about it before your ever so condescending post. funny thing is you think you sound like an expert when really you don't have a clue. What's wrong with Shortcake letting Deck know that they got his hopes up and he wants some keycaps, nothing.

Get a clue and don't go jumping all over someone and sounding like some kind of mentally challenged fan boy. Deck asked for keycap ideas, and no one has heard word one about it since. If Shortcake takes it upon him/herself to ask then it's up to Deck to respond in their normal prompt and professional way. There big boys and can handle this without you.

=============

http://www.tg3electronics.com/history.htm

OUR HISTORY

TG3 was incorporated in 1986. TG3 founder and President, Tom Giles, started TG3 after a distinguished career at Cherry Corporation, an industry giant in keyboards and related items.

With an international sales force and the best engineers in the industry, TG3 has grown steadily in the past 18 years. Headquarters is located in a 22,000 square foot, state of the art facility located in Kenosha. We also have several manufacturing interests in Hong Kong and Taiwan from which a variety of the latest technologies are available.

TG3 currently serves the medical, gaming, POS, aerospace, military, telecommunications, and mobile data industries to name a few. Our primary focus is on data input technology, which allows our customers to rest comfortably, knowing that their programs are completely safe at the hands of seasoned professionals.

Whether your data input requirements are large or small, complex or simple, TG3 can handle your application from concept to completion competitively and competently.

Call, mail or e-mail today to find out how a TG3 solution is the only one you need."

=======================

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:20 pm 
As the third poster indicated, there is nothing wrong with shortcake83 inquiring where DECK is with the KEYCAP issue. They have had the same add requesting customers ideas since day one. I, for one, am wondering the same thing. I would be very interested in some new caps. Also, for the second poster, DECK is not a small mom and pop company. They manufacture keyboards that go all over the world..............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:37 pm 
Okay, so you're a serious gamer. We both know homerow is for secretaries. You know your favorite keys. We want to know what caps would help best deck out your Deck. Send us your ideas and the top ten suggestions will be made available.

What year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:34 pm 
So, it takes an army to ship keyboards all over the world?

Please, Get real.

I think you would be shocked at how many people have hands-on day to do running of the company. And it's not anywhere the amount of people you might think.

Anyways. what is needed here is some "common sense" which is to say this tread is missing.

"Moron and Fanboy"?

Ok, so now that we've established your age range, we now understand why common sense was missing.

The facts are, this, if the keys were going to happen anytime soon, we would have heard something "offically". It's really that simple. And who really knows what interest was generated over their asking about what keys we might like. No one knows. And like I said, no one is going to go through the trouble of making keys for a small % of people. Would you?

Why is that so hard to understand.

And sure, it doesn't hurt for her to ask. But does it hurt for me to respond to her? No. So thanks for the double standard there.

The best one yet? Is when the guy the other day on some other thread said that full sized keyboards would go up to $150 dollars or something like that when they came out.

I shake my head at these silly questions.

It's cool to ask a question but why lace your questions with non-sense?

"loosing my faith in Deck" ..... oh jesus. Case in point.

Anways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:54 pm 
wow, I can't believe how thick headed you are. If calling you a moron shows my age as being younger then yours then I guess I should turn the radio down and stay off your lawn as well.

Get this, unless your psychic, then shut up and let people ask questions and then wait while Deck answers.

If you can't handle that then at least just stay out of it and quit pretending like you are the only person in the world who's opinion counts.

What makes you the expert on what Deck's size is and what their time frames are? Just more BS from a know it all that doesn't know anything except how to try to impress people that could care less with meaningless "guesses".

I'd prefer to quit reading your crap and just wait to hear what Deck has to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:05 pm 
Hey,

No need to tell anyone to shut up. And you really are showing your age. I get that also and I am sure others do as well. In fact, you're not better than anyone else, so while you're at, you can shut up also.

You're a board troll. Chill out and mind your own gd buisness.

She asked a question in an open forum, she got a response. End of story just because you don't like it or your small brain doesnt understand something, there is no need to start name calling and crying about it.

And if anyone is an idiot, it's you. Let's see we have, trolling, we have name calling, you're also being very rude, and you worse of all, there was really no need for you to even post here.

kthnxbye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:47 pm 
hmmm, quite a thread.

While I agree name calling isn't cool, I still think the guy with the answer is speaking out of turn, but agreed he is entiltled to his opinon. The angry young man has some points if you can see through it, the largest being that the answer guy isn't offering fact, just his opinion.

How bout we all show some maturity and just let this one drop where it is?

I can see points for both, but I think the name caller was defending Shortcakes right to ask, and while I don't agree with the veracity of the of his response, unless the guy that knows the answer supports himself with some reason why he knows, then they kinda cancel each other out without any real answers about when keycaps will be available.

So maybe we can just get back on topic and quit the nonsense and wait for a Deck response about KEYCAPS and just leave the rest alone before someone gets banned or the thread gets closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:37 pm 

Here's the reply I got re: the keycaps a couple of days ago.

Quote:
We should have them available very soon. Sorry for the delay we have them
designed just need to get them on our website.

Thank you,

Cathy

DECK Keyboards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:08 am 
Yeah, Cathy rocks! Deck employee of the year if they asked us consumer types, course she is the main contact for most of us, but still hella good job she does.

See all we had to do was wait it out until someone had an answer that was a little more substantial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:56 am 
Thank you for posting the response from Cathy. I have to go along with shortcake, I was beginning to loose FAITH in DECK regarding ever seeing the caps? And, as a few of the other posters here have said, DECK could have kept customers up to date on their progress. I sure hope I did not show my age by saying that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:16 pm 
Thank you shortcake for starting this thread, we have now received an announcement from Cathy ( In the announcement forum ) informing us the caps will be available as soon as next week. I for one, also, appreciate you bringing this to their attention even though you took a little heat over it. If customers do not express their concerns, good or bad, we will not make progress and I also think DECK appreciates knowing how we feel about their products. Now we are going to see some new caps made available......Thanks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:12 am 
Ya for new keycaps! I put SKull on Windows key because it kills games. Would like ro know what you guys did with the skull key

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]