It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:18 pm 
 WWW  Profile

al92lt1 wrote:
What about the 21 key? Is that a lost issue?

Yes please an update on this. I happen to love the layout and design of the current boards but would like a matching 21 key pad. Otherwise I will be forced to buy some piece of crap 21 key.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:26 am 

jeffc666 wrote:
al92lt1 wrote:
What about the 21 key? Is that a lost issue?

Yes please an update on this. I happen to love the layout and design of the current boards but would like a matching 21 key pad. Otherwise I will be forced to buy some piece of crap 21 key.

I think Deck is leaving us out in the cold on this one. According to their original posts the thing was going to be ready around march\april, then it failed testing and they said another 6 weeks. There has been no update on it whatsoever. I sent an email to deck about this a month or 2 ago and got no response.

It looks like if we want a solution we'll have to buy a crappy seperate 21 or wait and buy the full size keyboard and try to find some suck :cry: :cry: er to buy our old decks off us. But thats not decks problem is it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:12 am 

Ok some of you asked about the keycap layout well this is what it should look.
There is no space bar on the art work but it will be same size as the other Deck
There is also Mac legends these you get ether or not both.
Oh yes I know the windows key is backswords don’t worry the real artwork is all good.

As far as the 21 key goes we are still working on it not sure when it will come out.

The 105 key looks like another 9 weeks. I will try and keep every one up to date to.

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/images/deckartwork.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:54 pm 

Max wrote:

I've been quietly and patiently waiting for the full size deck since I learned of your site, however I have to finally make comment.

Something I see in your layout scares the hell out of me. It’s bad. It’s a deal breaker for me.

When I'm not fragging people I have been known to code as well as do other things that actually require the Function Keys F1->F12.

Your Keycap layout has these labeled with both F1->F12 AND the "new" Help, Undo, Redo, New... scan codes that have been a bane of my existence since they showed up.

Since keyboards with these keys actually send different scan codes please tell me you will have a physical switch that will allow me to restore my function buttons and I won't have to do it every time I reboot the keyboard like every POS keyboard on the planet.

Post subject: keycaps
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:22 am 

mwaldron,

noted - we are taking your notes along with other emails we have received and we will use them to create a keyboard that will work best for all.

thanks
Deck Guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:57 am 
 WWW  Profile

Looks like real progress has been made. I have to echo mwaldon's sentiments. A toggle that restores F-keys to standard functionality is a must. This toggle (physical or otherwise) must remain at whatever it was set to even if the user powers down the system. This is a galring defciency in all MS Keyboards. Logitech gets around this by defaulting to standard F-key and having Enhanced F-keys as an option.

I look forward to my full size Deck Ice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:58 pm 
 WWW  Profile

A keyboard with an f-lock key (or switch or whatever) is never cool. A total show stopper for me :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:03 pm 

I agree that the "new" function keys are a big turn off. I can understand that Deck wants to market to as many people as possible, so the keys won't bother me as long as I can get a Deck with 1) Function keys *without* icons drawn on them, and 2) the function keys *must* default to F1-12, or there should be a hard switch, or a dip switch, jumper, etc. inside or some way for me to disable the "new" function keys.

I love my 82-key deck, so if the full-size keyboard isn't offered in a format that is useful to me, I'll just stick with what I've got. Thanks for the effort, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:03 am 

I just got the word that we are NOT going to do the new function keys.

So NO new function key, stander F1-F12

If you look at the PDF of the art work the 2nd one down is the stander paper so that what is will look like.

Post subject: Keyboard layout
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:11 am 

Not to sound stupid, but where is the "SPACE BAR" on the new keyboard layout?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:50 am 

Overflow no worrys.

What I post was just an art work lay out for printing on the key caps. So the space bar would be normal location same size as the other DECK, it goes from the FN key to the ALT.

Post subject: Is a number pad still in the works?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:28 pm 

as much as i like the idea of a full size keyboard I have not read any updates on the number pad that is mentioned in the FAQ is this number pad still in the works?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:48 pm 
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

What about the 21 key ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:50 pm 
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

What about the 21 key ? I have asked this before, but no one responds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:21 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Last news was that it failed FCC test and had to be redone. The full size keyboard is taking precedent now and the 21 key will be worked on later. This info has been posted in these forums.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next