It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: How does the Legend Fire compare to the Eclipse Red?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:07 pm 

I'm almost sold on the Saitek Eclipse in red. But then I found Deck.Things that matter to me:

1 - Quiet keypress.

2 - When I have this thing five years from now, will the symbols be rubbed off?

3 - Will it get noisier over time?

Don't know how noisy the Eclipse is, but what I've read of the Deck's noise may mean that it won't be for me. I've heard the Eclipse has some issues with characters rubbing off, which I don't think will be an issue with a Deck.

That's all the info I have of the two boards. Any Eclipse owners care to enlighten me?

Was told by Saitek support on their boards that E3 would be when they come out with any new products for the year, if they do. So I'll be making my decision sometime in June.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:16 am 
Site Admin

Okay, you probably want to hear from all of the other keyboard users, however, we had a Saitek keyboard here that we were using in customer service, just to try it out. Let's just say that you definitely would not have to worry about it making noise in 5 years because it was dead after 1. Oh, and the legends (symbols) were wearing off. True story........Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:17 pm 

Some good questions. Let me try to answer them.

1. Key noise. The keys on the Deck are not silent, nor are they LOUD like the IBM Behemoths of old. They are very pleasant. My Deck replaced a Dell AT101W with Alps keyswitches which has been relocated to another PC. The Dell keyboard itself is quieter than the IBMs. The Deck has almost the same key feel, and is actually quieter than the Dell!

2. Five years? In 10 years, I imagine that the Deck Keys will still be just like they were on day 1. Their construction is simply different than the Saitek Elipse. The Saitek keys are basically transluscent plastic painted over with the letter left unpainted. With use, the paint WILL rub off, reducing the letters to blobs of light. This will likely happen within 6 months to a year.

3. Louder with time? No. I don't believe that keyswitches will increase in noise over time.

If you are looking for a keyboard for extremely light use (Type a quick report once a week) or short-term use, the Saitek is OK.

If you want a good keyboard that will last a long time, the Deck is the way to go. There is no lit keyboard on the market that even comes close, and I've tried quite a few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:52 am 
Site Admin

There you go, folks. A great review from not a Deck employee, not a magazine reviewer, but from a real live person that has bought many other lighted keyboards.

His opinion: Deck is best hands down. I completely agree! (shocking)

.....Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:37 am 

yes, the deck is best, hands down. but it is also 100 bucks more than the eclipse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:56 am 
Site Admin

Yes, it's more expensive, but, as they say...you pay for what you get. You can't compare a Lexus to a Dodge Neon. Yeah, they both have four-wheels and get you where you want to go, but that's about it......Deck Girl amy