It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Keyboard cover for 82-Key Deck?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:24 am 

Before I purchase an 82-key Deck, does anyone know if there are keyboard covers available for these things? I'm talking about the transparent type that you put over the keyboard to protect it from dirt, dust, spills, etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:10 am 
Site Admin

Hi there. Aside from having one custome made (price of tooling the mold included $$), we don't know of a keyboard condom, as they are called, for this model. Sorry! .......Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:00 am 

That's sad. I'd like to get one of these 82-key Decks, but not if there are no keyboard covers available for them. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:49 am 

Did you know the keybaord is washable? See here: http://www.deckkeyboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:40 am 

CSO wrote:
Did you know the keybaord is washable? See here: http://www.deckkeyboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12

I know abou that, but what I'm a little concerned about is wearing down the keys. I tend to wear down keyboard keys after around a year of use. I know you can buy replacement keys for these, but it would be much better to just get a keyboard cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:04 am 
Site Admin

The legend or, letter/numbers, on these keys will not wear off. They are sublimated, which means the "ink" is throughout the keycap. Basically, if you could slice off thin pieces off the top and continue down, you would see the same legend throughout.......Deck Girl Amy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]