It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'm in
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:25 pm 

The only reason I haven't yet purchased three of these keyboards is because of that nasty font on the keys. Yes, I'm that sensitive to type design.

Helvetica works. Helvetica oblique works better. If we can get at least 10 people to jump on board, we could get the cost down to about $100 per person.

I wonder though, if it would be more cost effective to just order the blank keyset, and print your own keys. Finding the right material and short run digital printer might prove difficult though. With a $100 investment, it's not such a bad deal for custom key caps. $1000 is ridiculous.

Why did they choose such a horrendous font?

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:33 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Helvetica Oblique would be lovely!

That makes two of us, now we only need eight more people with $100 to spare and a preference for Helv. The blank keysets are tempting to me (as would be a sack full of the skull keys), but I figure the best way to do this would be to get the people who know best how to manufacture the keys. Less hassle.

The keyboard, by the way, feels incredible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:32 pm 

Actually I was working on somthing simualr to this, I have an idea on how to make keycaps w/custom fonts.

The thing is I don't see a need for it, and seems to be a waste of time making the idea.

Why might you ask this? I never look at the keys when I type. The font printed on the keycap doesn't bother me at all. I like the backlight because I can see the keyboard if needed & it just looks kick ass :P
I did order a set of blank keycaps to test my idea but is more of a "as time allows" thing.

I think the current keycaps look 'fine' though could be better, it looks like a custom made font to me which is cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:44 am 
Site Admin

Available soon: a limited number of 82 key Deck keyboards with a "standard" font (not sure what it is...."regular" looking to me). These keyboards were prototypes...before we changed the font to what it is now. There's only a few of them and I need to check and see what colors they are. Please email me if interested.....Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:40 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

The prototype Deck keyboards with the non-Deck font are sold out. There may be more in the future but it isn't likely to be many.

However you can still buy blank keycaps sets through the following thread:

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=313

Will post on main site in the future.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]