It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Considering purchasing keyboard
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:44 pm 

Hey there, I was browsing the internet for a reliable keyboard and saw your keyboard on Thinkgeek.com and fell in love with it. Before I go and blow $99 dollars on your lovely 82 key keyboard I have a few questions.

First off, I browsed the forums and noticed some old posts about some keys not functioning if your press more than one key at once. I play alot of fps games and not being able to reload while going sideways or diagnol is often a very critical thing. I was wondering if this has been fixed or will I have to send my keyboard back in just like the rest of those before me.

Secondly, I have a macbook which is obviously OS X, but I have windows installed on a partition which I use for fps games like counter-strike and the such. I looked at the other keysets I could buy and saw the macintosh versions but noticed that they weren't available in the LED of my choice and wanted to see if this was a mistake. Having a keyboard with only some of the keys red and the rest a different color would kind of throw off my chi if you know what I'm saying. I can deal with a windows keyboard but I was just wondering if you have the red macintosh keyset in stock.

And finally, if you guys use wrist rests, what would you recommend? :P

Last edited by Soldat on Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:50 am 

Hi Soldat,

I think you want the keycaps without the additional LEDs. You just swap out the cap and the color remains the same as color of the board you bought. Besides, it should be about six bucks cheaper as well. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:51 am 

Right, you only buy additional LEDs if you want to change some LEDs on your board in addition to changing the keycaps. You can change the keycaps without touching the LEDs, though.

As for your first concern, I've had problems holding keys down, too, but looking at past threads (mainly http://www.deckkeyboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57), it seems like you can get that fixed for free if it's a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:02 am 

pyrthas wrote:
As for your first concern, I've had problems holding keys down, too, but looking at past threads (mainly http://www.deckkeyboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57), it seems like you can get that fixed for free if it's a problem.

Ahh yes, but would there be a way for them to check for the problem before it gets to me? I don't want to buy a keyboard, only to send it back and receieve it two weeks later when they can just fix (if its broken :P) it before it gets to my hands.

On a sidenote, when I looked around the purchase page, I noticed that there wasn't enough room for me to put my whole mailing address. I go to college and the address contains the college name, building name, and street name and there simply is not enough spaces to put all this information.

Looking forward to purchasing a keyboard very soon, (actually as soon as I can get the address plugged in)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Soldat,
I'm going to email you with answers to your concerns, shipping info. etc....Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:12 pm 

Alright, I appreciate the effort your putting in for someone who isn't even a customer yet :P

I'll be waiting for your email

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:43 pm 

Made the purchase and I'm just wondering if everything is going to be alright with the order. I don't want my stuff shipped to 'look at notes' :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:30 am 
Site Admin

Soldat,
Come on! Do you think I'm going to go the the trouble of answering your techinical questions, *before* you even purchase the product, then ship it to "look at notes?" I'm blond but I'm not that bad! There's only a little bit of white -out on my monitor! :lol:

Actually, I understand your concern. Most places don't give a damn any more but with Deck, you get true, personalized customer service.

....Deck Girl Amy
ps. It shipped out yesterday. Have a great year at school!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:07 pm 

I just receieved the 82 key Ice Deck keyboard today and I have to say... I am incredibly disappointed... that I didn't find this website a long time ago!

I abosolutely love this keyboard. The only complaint I have is since I have a laptop computer, the usb port is right on the side in view and the constant glowing from the port doesn't change intensity with the keyboards LEDs. Nothing that duct tape doesn't fix though :shock:

On a sidenote, Deck Girl Amy is by far one of the best support staff members I have encountered EVER and deserves a raise or a promotion or even a piece of gum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:26 pm 

I had the same problem with regards to the light in the USB cable. It's easy to fix due to the standard USB connection inside the keyboard. I just grabbed a spare 6' standard USB cable and a screwdriver and swapped them out. No need for the duct tape!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:03 pm 

I am the D├ęck Ninja

(If you can't tell, I am really enjoying my keyboard :P... First one to tell me why the B is backwards gets 10 points!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:01 pm 

" First one to tell me why the B is backwards gets 10 points!"

Because it is a mirror image.

Post subject: Re: Considering purchasing keyboard
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:31 pm 

We not only guarantee low price, we are also committed to 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. Customers choose to come RCTOPSHOP to shop for radio control helicopters are always guaranteed the lowest prices online, the best service possible along with
FREE Lifetime Online Technical Support.

Esky Honey Bee FP V2