It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: how do the keys feel?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:51 pm 

I am under the impression that you have to press the keys far down and they make clicking noises everytime you type a letter. Is this correct? I like the feel of laptop keyboards but all the lighted keyboards like that are cheaply constructed and break all the time. Plus I like the look and size of this keyboard much better, my only concern is it's going to be noisy and have stiff keys.

I'm referring to the 82 key keyboard, BTW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:14 pm 

OK, I guess this question isn't going to be answered...

But what about an ergonomic version of the 82-key?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:23 pm 

You have to press down a bit, definitely more than on a laptop-style keyboard, and yes, there is an audible 'click' when each key hits the bottom. I found that the feel of the keyboard took a little getting used to when I first got it, but now I'm hooked and find that the longer keystrokes and better feedback you get from the keys make for much better typing. I wouldn't say they are stiff, it's more like a steady resistance the whole way down. The click isn't too loud, but that would depend on what you're used to and what sort of environment you'll be in. I've definitely heard noisier keyboards, but quieter ones tend to feel mushy IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:39 pm 

OK, thanks for the reply. :D It sounds like i could get used to the keyboard, but the price is rather steep. Obviously, I understand that it is quality construction and then again the amount of money I've spent on those throw-away light up keyboards is more than a deck costs. :shock: