It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Bought the Toxic 82 key and the custom keycaps.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:11 pm 

Just ordered them, can't wait for it to get here. My last keyboard was a Saitek and the USB cable came loose from it within the first 6 months. I can't wait to have this keyboard.

One question for the admins, it didn't ask me if I wanted USB or PS2 in checkout and I would hate to get a PS2. Could someone confirm that it defaults to USB for me please?

Just noticed another thing. In my order eMail it says the keycaps are being sent with 12 blue LED's. Is there a reason I couldn't choose a color for this? Actually, do I need to replace the LED when I replace the keycap or are they added for extras for modding purposes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:56 pm 

Is there anybody out there? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:39 am 

The admins aren't answering because it is the weekend.

USB is the standard board, and you'd have to have specifically ordered the PS/2 version.

The LEDs are mounted in the switches beneath the caps, not in the caps themselves. It sounds like you've ordered the keycap package AND two packs of replacement leds. An option is to fill in empty led mounts along the sides of the board and replace the leds with another color.

They are sold on the same page and imperfect design makes them look like the they are the same product.

You'll love the board. I hate typing on any other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Hello,
The 82 key is only offered in the USB version. Only the Legend, 105 key, comes with a choice of USB or PS/2.

When you purchase the extra keycap sets, you have a choice of ordering just the keycaps, keycaps with blue LED's, or keycaps with green LED's. We offer extra LED's because some people like to modify their keyboards and make their keyboards both blue and green in color. The blue and the green are interchangeable, whereas, for example, the red and the blue are not. (different currency).

To change the LED's requires un-soldering the LED's and soldering them back into the circuit board through the switch. It's not too difficult but it is a project.

Changing the keycaps is very simple and it does not requre you to change the LED's.

Hopefully this answered all of your questions.

....Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:37 am 

Thanks guys...is there any way to cancel the extra LED's I ordered? I don't even have a soldering iron or whatever they're called.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:09 pm 

Guess that's a no. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:24 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Hi,

We do not answer questions as fast on the weekends and I apologize for that. However we can still cancel the LEDs from your order if you wish to do that. Please call us at (262)652-2626 with your credit card information (as we do not keep that on record for privacy reasons) so we can process the refund for the LEDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:21 pm 

I appreciate you commenting here & responding to my eMail. I understand you may not be a huge business & may not work on the weekend, so no worries about not replying & thanks to Amy for replying at least the one time she did. I will contact you tomorrow about the refund and I am ecstatic about trying this thing out.

Thanks again Adam.

-Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:47 am 

Well after having received my Deck, I have let some people know how I felt about it. You can read about it here:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=30&threadid=1983002&enterthread=y

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:00 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear you are satisfied!

BTW I like how the one person on that thread said our keyboards have a 'fake' diamond-plate bottom pan on the keyboard...funny thing is ours are real diamond plated aluminum. Wonder where they got the idea it was fake?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:35 am 

No problem man, I just hate when people dismiss something purely based on price...especially when it is truly a quality product.

As for the "fake diamond plate" thing, he probably read that in some shoddy review or someone posted something like that in a forum or something. It's obvious to anyone who has physically used one of these that there is nothing "fake" about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:27 am 

Pr0d1gy,

I wanted to say thanks for your review on the Deck 82 keyboard. I have been planning on buying one for the last few months and now I have the money to do so. I have not decided if I want to lose the num pad or not, but I like the setup of the 82key quite a bit so I have been leaning that direction. I am a solid gamer and the idea of moving the `/~ key makes me cautious about the 82 key setup vs the Legend. I hate the Windows key but I think I can remap that easily enough to not cause any problems. On to the question... Since you have owned the 82key have you had any problems with the mapping of the keys or do you wish you had gotten the Legend instead?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:24 pm 

Well mojo, I have to say the only issue I have had with the layout is the home key is right next to the backspace and I find myself hitting a fair amount when typing & trying to back up. It will get better with time, and it is not a huge problem, just something I will need to adjust to. After a couple weeks it is already a lot better, as I tend to hit it maybe 2 or 3 times a week.

Other than that it may take a bit of getting used to the number keys since you're used to a keypad, but it may be to your advantage as you will be getting used to the feel anyways. I'm sure you would be happy with either keyboard. As for the ~ key's location, it takes a little getting used to but I put the skull keycap on it so I can find it easy when I need it, but I linked my FPS's controls to different keys anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:40 pm 

Just so you know, you can remap any keys to any other keys in Windows with a relatively simple registry edit. I remap a lot of keys on my deck (including swapping the position of alt and `), and I've never run into problems in any games. (Except CoH for some reason. But every other game I've ever played has worked fine.)

I'd be more than happy to whip up a quick file that will change keys to any other keys if someone's interested in it. Just tell me what you want to become what. I'm pretty sure that the fn key is the only one that can't be changed (I'm assuming that it doesn't send any scancodes; anyone at Deck able to confirm this?). If you're uncomfortable with that sort of thing, I'm pretty sure that there's software out there that will do it for you, but where's the fun in that?

For what it's worth, and as an illustration of what you can do, here are the changes I make:

caps -> ctrl
alt -> `
` -> alt
backspace -> home
home -> end
[ -> backspace
] -> [
\ -> ]
pgup -> \
pgdn -> del
end -> alt
ins -> pgup
del -> pgdn

I'm especially fond of the moved backspace key. I really like having it just next to P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:29 pm 

Well I have had the Deck for a good while now and I have to say I absolutely love it. You can feel the quality, see the elegance in design, and appreciate the sturdiness of it. I have had zero problems with it and will be buying more in the future. It's truly my favorite piece of hardware now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next