It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cleaning the deck 82
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:56 pm 

Hello everyone, I was wondering how to go about cleaning my deck 82 keyboard. I have seen quite a few articles online about putting keyboards in the dishwasher. Although this has worked with a few cheaper keyboards, you can probably guess I am a bit hesitant to put my 120 dollar keyboard in the dishwasher. Is it safe? Will it lessen the lifespan of my keyboard or possibly kill it altogether? Will the LEDs be ok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:25 pm 

also, im 1337.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:54 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Grats on the 1337 post Andy. :D

Firstly, why do you want to clean your Deck by washing it like this? Personally I would try to clean it using rubbing alcohol and compressed air first unless further cleaning is absolutely necessary.

In regards to washing your keyboard: it should not harm it if done properly. Please take this as a suggestion and not an endorsement of what to do (i.e. this should work but may void your warranty). What we recommend is this:

1. Disassemble your Deck using the instructions found on our main site. You should also remove the USB cable.
2. Place it in the dishwasher with no detergent (and no dirty dishes).
3. After washing, stand upright and place a fan in front of it for at least 24 hours. The more time the better, the warmer the area the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:21 pm 

Thanks for the advice. I don't plan on washing it just yet. I only got it a few months ago so it isn't too dirty yet. I was just wondering because I had just washed a couple of other inferior keyboards using that method and it has worked fine.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]