It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: How do the Legends deal with 'abuse'?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am 

Like bits of food getting stuck in-between and under the keys...a spill here and there...the nastyness that eventually builds up. You know, all the things that will eventually happen to a keyboard that you plan on keeping for 10 + years. :)

Oh yeah, I'm one of those people who would like to buy a natural Deck. :P Right now the only option for those kind of keyboards seem to be MS. Is there a particular reason you guys don't make them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:40 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Hi InTheFlow,

I apologize for not providing you a response sooner, it seems this topic somehow was missed by my lazy eyeballs.

Anyways, I am assuming by a 'natural' Deck you mean an ergonomic layout. We do not make or do not plan on making any ergo keyboards because there isn't a large enough market for us to justify spending money on the very expensive manufacturing processes to create a board like this. Basically we would be losing money and that isn't how we want to run our business even though it would be cool to have that product in our line. We hope you all understand.

As far as food, debris, etc. is concerned I can only say this: the more debris that goes in any keyboard, the less likely it will be to function. In other words try not to put things inside your Deck and it should work very well for you. Spills are a bit different but should still fall under the same guidelines of avoidance - Deck boards do not have a splashguarding material and are not protected very well from spills but can generally survive them quite well. I cannot give a comparison because we do not spill-test our boards for fun to kill them but I would say they stand as good a chance as any other products w/o a splashguard.