It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What you get with a "Mac" Legend Keyboard
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:39 pm 

I have another order to place with a 3rd party distributor (ThinkGeek) who have gotten the Legend back in stock already. However, they don't offer a "Mac" version (as far as I can tell from the website--I emailed them to be sure, but haven't heard back).

So I'd be willing to order your "Mac Keys" supplement--but does this accomplish the same thing? It seems to only have one "apple" key and one "option" key, for instance.

Any update on the timeline for the re-stocking of the Legend for Mac??

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:11 am 
Site Admin

Yes, Mac keycaps are available on this website. As for the back order status of the Legend, well, I'm hoping to ship by the end of next week but I would say that around May 1 would be a more realistic target.......Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:17 am 

Just to clarify, the key caps available for purchase on deckkeyboards.com also include key caps for the Legend? The pictures you have up don't show the caps for the wider keys that go on the left-hand side of the keyboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:51 am 
Site Admin

Yes, they are for the Legend also......Deck Girl Amy

Post subject: Yet Another Mac User
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:32 am 

I hope this is a close enough related question.

I see that you've got artwork on your site for the Windows version of the legend keyboard, but what will the keys look like if I order the Mac version?
The "MAC USER WARING STATEMENT" mentions that "The artwork printed on the keycaps of the Deck Keyboards may differ from your standard Mac keyboard. You may see the artwork for all Deck keyboards
on the customer support page." So, either the keys are just the same as for the US version (in which case, what's the point?) or somebody forgot to post the Mac artwork.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:22 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Ok its time for a clarification on this thread...

The artwork posted on our support page shows the PC version of the keycaps for the Legend and the 82 key Deck boards. I will be updating the pictures soon to reflect the differences between the Mac and PC versions (and for all you *nix users I may have a surprise for you as well...), but until I do, here are the differences:

:arrow: On the 82 key Deck, the windows key will change to a Command keycap (no Apple logo at this time), and the Alt key is changed to an OPT keycap.

:arrow: On the Legend, both Windows keys change to Command keycaps that also have an Apple logo. Also, both Alt keys are changed to OPT or OPTION keycaps.

Quote:
The artwork printed on the keycaps of the Deck Keyboards may differ from your standard Mac keyboard

I put this on the Mac user warning statement because the Command key and the Alt keys are in the wrong places as far as the standard Mac keyboard layout is concerned (i.e. Command key is NOT next to the spacebar). For other differences, please visit our faqs page section on this topic by clicking here. Just to be extremely clear about our Mac version of the Deck: there is NO hardware or software change -- all we change is the keycaps. This will not change unless we come out with a new model keyboard, and even then it is probably unlikely.

Quote:
So, either the keys are just the same as for the US version (in which case, what's the point?) or somebody forgot to post the Mac artwork.

The keys are the same as a standard US 105 key board. The point is that some people still would like to see what they will be getting before they buy it in more detail than our other pictures give. It probably has to do more with the fact that we use a non-standard font face for our letters and some people do not like it. And again, I am getting around to posting Mac artwork. There are many changes that need to be made so it takes a little bit of time but rest assured it will be up soon.

Post subject: Thanks, Adam
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:19 am 

Cool! Thanks for the information. I think I can live with the Command key not being next to the spacebar. And I rather like the font you've used on the keycaps.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of these, soon!

(Well, mostly my fingers and thumbs.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:53 pm 

Hi lyle,

If you use a special version of the program DoubleCommand, you can move the command key down to the left of the spacebar. See this topic for more info. :)

Post subject: Re: Thanks, Adam
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:45 pm 

lyle wrote:
Cool! Thanks for the information. I think I can live with the Command key not being next to the spacebar. And I rather like the font you've used on the keycaps.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of these, soon!

(Well, mostly my fingers and thumbs.)

You can modify what buttons are the control and command function in the OSX Keyboard system preferences so you won't have to get used to anything different. I just ordered my Legend and am looking forward to it on my Mac.