It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Is the Legend brighter than the Saitek Eclipse?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:00 pm 

And if so, by how much?

Does Deck use the same kind of LED in the Legend model that is found in the Saitek Eclipse?

What uis the technical info on the LED that is used in the blue version of the Legend model?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:22 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

In my opinion, yes the Legend is brighter than the Eclipse. I don't really have any technical data on their board but we had one in shop and our Deck blew that one out of the water.

I wouldn't think the Saitek board uses the same LEDs we do. That keyboard has a much lower profile and probably uses surface mount LEDs. We use 3mm through-hole style LEDs that are taller but still fit into our keyboard due to its design. Something also to note regarding the height of these keyboards - because the Saitek is lower profile, it means it has a more laptop-style construction meaning it will break way before any Deck would. Their keys also rub off, which is not a problem for Deck keyboards because our ink is right in the plastic of the keycap and can't come out ever!

For technical data on the LEDs used in our Deck keyboards, please visit this page:
http://www.deckkeyboards.com/light.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:44 am 

From a customers point of view, yes it is a LOT brighter, it can also be dimmer though as well. I had mine side by side with one at a lan party, at level 5 it was obviously brighter and at 7 it was over shadowing it completely. The lowest setting was lower than their low but all the keys had light, on the eclipse some you could barely read, even in the dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:39 am 

The Legend is DEFINITELY brighter than the Eclipse, now that I've finally seen an eclipse.