It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: USB & PS2 - of which does deck sell more
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:39 pm 

I've read the other threads on the forum about ps2 vs USB, as well as a number of other such threads on other sides. I'm not sure if i'm going to hit the 6 keypress limit, or if i'm nervous about clogging up USB bandwidth. At the same time, What if ps2 goes by the wayside and I can't use my keyboard? So the big question is:

What do you, the buyers, buy more of? Clearly most of us are probably in about the same market segment - we want high quality components, and we probably use our machines for games where we use various hotkeys, key combinations, etc. So tell me - what do you people prefer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:20 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Being both a Deck user and the admin of the site, I can tell you that we sell far more USB than PS2 Deck boards.

PS2 may go by the wayside for all manufacturers but I don't see it happening soon. We purchase Dell PCs for our company use and many of the models they offer have dropped the PS2 ports. I have built quite a few PCs in the past as well and it seems OEM part manufacturers are keeping PS2 ports for the most part (although with my latest build about a month ago I did notice many motherboards had dropped the PS2 ports as well as any onboard parallel ports).

In short, plug and play seems to be the way of the future. USB will be around for a long time, PS2 probably will be as well just in a more limited offering.

Just my $.02

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:52 am 

I came to about the same conclusion yesterday, and ordered my USB toxic legend as a result! Can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:32 pm 

I'm generally anti-legacy, to the extent that I'd prefer a motherboard to not even have floppy/IDE/serial/parallel ports, but I must admit, at least for keyboards, PS/2 is pretty robust in both a gaming environment and pre-OS BIOS operation.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]