Well, my Logitech Internet Navigator Elite Keyboard is losing its paint on the keys (again) and I was never that comfortable with its keys to begin with. (as a 20 year keyboard-veteran They just don't feel right for me, not easy to describe) I've never used the special keys at all too.
I was looking around for another keyboard with much usability and a little style, (and maybe with keys that go KLICK! like in the days of far away) and saw some keyboards, this crazy logitech g15 (Logitech? I don't even know them anymore) the Saitek Eclipse II (which was kinda chique but seems to lack in the quality department too) and the Das Keyboard II, which seems to get the mechanics right but is simply a little to gimmicky for my taste. Then the Steel somethingsomething. Wich looks rather plain and I hear isn't as robust as its advertised. (and a bit to expensive to experiment)
Then I saw The Legend (Ice) and well... I fell in love again.
I looked over the international shipping (since I live in germany) and saw that active key.de sells them for 219 € without shipping (which is almost 304$!) which is well.... too much to even consider. Thinkgeek doesn't seem to have them in stock anymore and I don't know how reliable Performance-PCs.com is. Now to my questions:
1. Does somebody have experience with shipping from overseas? (and maybe german customs and the money-leeching, unfriendly slowpokes they are?)
2. Is there any other reseller?
3. Is there any way to order direct from deck keyboards? (I have a creditcard&would be willing to pay a few dollars more)
4. I know the keyboard is in the QWERTY layout, but that isn't a problem for me. Anyway, do you plan to sell custom keys for international customers in the future?
5. How does it sound? (Maybe this sounds crazy but I miss the days where you could HEAR your keyboard)
6. How does it feel?
7. I'm all crazy over these gel-packs for keyboards which protect your wrists, do they fit on the legend?
8. Is there any mouse on the market which goes good in style and quality with the Legend Ice? (No logitech, please) ...and maybe uniformly shaped? (I'm left-handed)
Thanks for reading&answering in advance and I hope this is understandable, English isn't my native language. Just read this post out in a funny Schwarzeneggeresque accent and you know how I sound.