It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

How would you rate your overall experience buying from Performance-PCs.com?
1. Excellent - everything went very smooth, no problems 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
2. Good - transaction went well but there were some minor issues that could be better 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
3. Average - nothing special, could have been better 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4. Below average - wasnt very good, room to improve 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5. Not good - I wouldn't buy from this reseller again 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Re: Buy your Deck at Performance-PCs.com? Rate your experience!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:01 pm 

First thing I'd like to mention before I get into the review, is that the Canadian retailer listed on the Deck website, Simple | Technology Inc., doesn't seem to carry Deck keyboards. They have plenty of TG3 keyboards, but only one was a backlit mechanical keyboard (in red), and it was listed as a TG3 keyboard rather than Deck. It's also an absolutely terrible website. You need to find a better Canadian retailer.

Second thing I'd like to mention is that the product I actually wanted was a PS/2 Tactile Frost Legend.
What I got was a USB Tactile Ice Legend.

The USB / PS/2 thing is a known issue, but they were out of stock on Frost, which is how I ended up with Ice. They threw in some "swag" to compensate for my inconvience, but the swag consisted of a cheap plastic coffee mug, and some kind of weird blue lunch bag. I threw them both out. I would have been much happier if they'd thrown in some solder and a couple white or green LEDs instead.

Pros:
They respond quickly to e-mails
They at least made an attempt (albeit a failed one) to reconcile my inconvenience with swag

Cons:
Out of Stock items aren't listed as Out of Stock, and they let you order them like any other item
They don't carry PS/2 interface keyboards
Their swag totally sucks, and was really more of an inconvenience than anything
They use foam packing peanuts instead of air pouches (worse for the environment)

Bottom Line:
I would not order from them again. I'd find a Canadian retailer instead.
Sadly, that means no more Deck keyboards until you find a decent Canadian retailer.
Personally, I'd suggest trying to strike a deal with NCIX.

Post subject: Re: Buy your Deck at Performance-PCs.com? Rate your experien
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:28 pm 

Nobody's added a post here in months, so I thought I'd share my recent experience! I live on the east coast of Canada. I ordered a Deck Legend Ice (tactile) from Performance-PCs on December 17. I used the USPS priority mail international shipping option, which cost me $29 (the site advises us to use USPS instead of UPS because of the high brokerage fees UPS charges, and I would agree with that -- I've run into that issue before). The board shipped on the 20th, but took a while to arrive because of the Christmas/New Year holidays. I could track the package online, though, so I knew where it was at all times, and it moved quickly on the non-holidays (only spent one day in customs). I got it yesterday, January 6, and it was nicely protected in a box with bubble wrap and packing peanuts. I wasn't charged any customs fees or anything. I have no complaints at all with any part of the process!

It seems like now Performance-PCs does indicate when a certain model is sold out, too, which is great.

As for the board itself, I love it. Much brighter than I expected (I'm most comfortable using it on the third brightness setting -- out of seven -- even in my brightly-lit room), and quite nice to type on. I find I'm making a lot fewer typos than I did on my last keyboard, a membrane type with keys spaced closer together.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:38 pm 

I have bought two of the Legends from them (I’m in Australia), they ended up costing me about $250 each with freight, etc. (our dollar is slightly higher than the US dollar).

The latest problem I’m having with the Deck is the feet cracking and falling off, I need to buy a new case kit which Deck won’t sell me as I’m not inside the USA – I tried to get it through this mob and they fiddled around for a while then finally tried to imply that they’d “ship it with my next larger order”, thinking that I’m going to buy yet ANOTHER keyboard from them just to get a parts order through.

I’m not buying any more Decks as I’m really unhappy with the quality of the components they’re using (and the fact that I’m abandoned here unless I spend hundreds shipping a few pieces of plastic out of the US).

I urge anyone considering this to heed this experience, unless you pay huge forwarding charges you’re pretty much screwed once they’ve got your keyboard sale.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:18 pm 

I tried to vote but it keeps telling me (The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.)

Any way I ordered the Deck 82-Ice from performance-pcs.com and had no problems, I ordered on Monday 8/15/11 (United States Postal Service (Priority Mail (2 - 3 days) $11.35) and got it on Wednesday 8/17/11. I really wanted to order off the Deck website but, the UPS 3 Day Select $22.89 and UPS Ground (5 Days) was $19.20.
I live in Pa. and not sure why going from Kenosha, Wisconsin to Pittsburgh area (537 miles) cost more then Palm Bay, FL (1,037 miles). But that saved me $10.00. :D
But I have orderd about 5 or 6 times off them in the past an never had any problems. They did some custom wiring for me too. Little hard to get a hold of over the phone but they always answered my e-mails same day I sent them, no matter how dumb my question was. lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:27 am 

Same vote error here!

I ordered mine on Dec 29! I arrived at my place on January 26. Nearly one month shipping time.
The problem was, that I live in Austria and USPS shipped it to Australia although the country was correctly labelled by PPC (Performance PCs).

Unfortunately I hat to pay the shipping taxes to my post office!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:32 pm 

Hi,you guys!
I'm new be here.
Is here anyone deleting comments or to change the topic?
This could really be fantastic.Isn't it?
http://www.rctophobby.com/rc-helicopters.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:23 am 

Maybe you should by the best rc helicopter models at the rc heli shop. It deserves us trusting.