It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

How would you rate your overall experience buying from Performance-PCs.com?
1. Excellent - everything went very smooth, no problems 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
2. Good - transaction went well but there were some minor issues that could be better 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
3. Average - nothing special, could have been better 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4. Below average - wasnt very good, room to improve 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5. Not good - I wouldn't buy from this reseller again 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Buy your Deck at Performance-PCs.com? Rate your experience!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:59 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

[OPTIONAL] Did you purchase your Deck through Performance-PCs.com? Please post any comments you would like to let other users or our staff know about your experience. Feedback is especially helpful from anyone who has placed an order from outside the US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:19 am 

I ordered my Deck Legend from them, delivery took about 2 weeks. I had to pay an Import Tax before Parcel Force (a UK delivery service) would give it to me. I can't remember the exact cost, but it was around £25.

Other than that, no problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:15 am 

i bought my Legend Ice board there, chose overnight delivery and had it the next day. No problems at all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:17 am 

Absolutely appauling!!!!

I live in Australia and unfortunately can only order the deck keyboard via a couple of resellers. The others charging close to $400AU including delivery.

Since Performance-PCs do not accept international Visa cards, my only option was to purchase via Paypal.

Shortly after i received an email from Performance-PCs requesting a scan of my current drivers licence and a scan of my Visa card even though they had already received payment from Paypal!!!

I immediately contacted Paypal customer support (Steve) and explained the situation. Paypal refunded my monies and sent Performance-PCs an email explaining that Australia addresses cannot be verified to which Performance-PCs denied ever receiving.

I then emailed all the relevant emails as proof of my account and all the necessary account transaction as proof of my identity. I even offered to assist them with giving Paypal a call to get this sorted but have not received any reply. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:39 am 

I had no problem with Performance-PC's. They shipped the item to Canada in a 5 day period. The item/box were in great shape, and they even gave me faster shipping than I paid for.

Top notch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:12 am 

Is there any way to tell if it's the ps/2 or USB? I don't want the USB version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:27 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Good question, I never noticed their listings do not mention the interface. After a quick email, James @ Performance-PCs said they will change the listing but until that happens customers should email them to inquire about the interface. My instinct is that the products they are carrying are all USB. Best bet is to ask them first or to purchase directly from our site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:51 pm 

I've just spoken with them, they said that all their inventory is USB.

Very quick communication though, I was impressed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:18 am 

mario wrote:
Absolutely appauling!!!!

I live in Australia and unfortunately can only order the deck keyboard via a couple of resellers. The others charging close to $400AU including delivery.

Since Performance-PCs do not accept international Visa cards, my only option was to purchase via Paypal.

Shortly after i received an email from Performance-PCs requesting a scan of my current drivers licence and a scan of my Visa card even though they had already received payment from Paypal!!!

I immediately contacted Paypal customer support (Steve) and explained the situation. Paypal refunded my monies and sent Performance-PCs an email explaining that Australia addresses cannot be verified to which Performance-PCs denied ever receiving.

I then emailed all the relevant emails as proof of my account and all the necessary account transaction as proof of my identity. I even offered to assist them with giving Paypal a call to get this sorted but have not received any reply. :(

I'm a bit worried by what you write here - I just ordered one from them to Australia this morning (about 2am) but so far I've only had advice that it has been dispatched and I've been given shipping details, complete opposite of what you've had to go through... Why on Earth would they want that detail? I don't think they have any justifiable reason for asking for it - additionally it would be a significant risk sending that kind of data to someone that *you* don't know overseas, company or not; did they offer any sort of explanation as to why they wanted this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:32 am 

Wow, i'm surprised that they even processed the order from Australia????

They do not accept credit cards from overseas and the only payment option is Paypal, but Australian Paypal accounts have NO address verification system in place therefor PerformancePCS will no send the merchandise even though they received payment!!! After i demanded that my payment be refunded they simply replyed that i must have something to hide????

Anyways i bought a black Everglide™ DKTboard from the states delivered to my doorstep for $59.98. Check it out....it's excellent. :D

http://www.everglide.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=48

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:10 am 

I'm not sure - they seemed to dispatch mine very quickly and gave me a shipping number within only hours, I have been watching that dispatch on the US Post tracking system (it was misrouted in Miami but has now left the country).

I've had the odd problem with buying from the US here and there but I am led to believe that the FTA (Free Trade Agreement) we have with the US is being violated in these cases as we should be treated like local US customers by these vendors - and lets face it we have so much uranium here that I don't think the US government wants to upset that somehow (or we sell it all to the French!).

I'll post in this again when/if this thing arrives, perhaps Performance-PCs got a bit of a fright when they tried this on you? It's bizarre as it’s been such a chalk-and-cheese experience… One thing – did you have the same shipping address as the paypal address? I’m not sure how that works but some vendors have been upset by this difference (I tried to ship to my work address so that the goods wouldn’t be delivered into the hands of the local mailbox mafia).

As for companies at least Deck themselves have been very responsive so far - if this keyboard is what I'm expecting it to be I suspect Deck would be very wise to entertain a local distribution channel here as Australians have a higher adoption rate of new tech than almost every country in the world and they'd do pretty good business here; I noticed that Das Keyboard II sells for about $150 here with freight (and you can't get'em as they sold out and that company is replacing it with two new models).

Given that our dollar is nearly at parity with the US ($1AU is about 95-96c US) someone is making a whopping profit margin on those, all Deck would have to do with a local distributor is ship a bunch of them over and watch'em sell. If I'm happy with mine I’ll have a bunch of SAP engineers swarming over it and many of those will be interested in it I think... Might even post on overclockers.com.au and see what they say too; keyboard and interface quality’s neglect over the years is an utterly bizarre thing, people are far too over-tolerant of bad keyboards and I’m always at a loss to explain a $15,000 workstation with a $1.50 keyboard myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:06 am 

Just to post an update – I did receive mine on Wednesday (our time) so from a Thursday night order it arrived the Tuesday afterwards (left at our local post office as I wasn’t home to receive it). That’s including a small mishap where the keyboard was misdirected by USMail (according to their site) but it was redirected back and that short a time frame (EMS post with tracking) is indeed very good, I’ve waited much longer for other things of much lighter weight.

The experience I had was wildly different from what happened to Mario – I can’t explain it but they seemed to ship within hours of the order going through and it really did arrive in very short order, indeed a little faster than some online orders I have put through within Australia itself.

The only thing I can think of is that I had the same delivery address to the one listed on the paypal account – perhaps that was easier to process? I can only speculate.

Post subject: Re: Buy your Deck at Performance-PCs.com? Rate your experience!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:58 pm 

yay got my deck today from performance-pcs.com

so here's my positive points and negative ones.

positive:

packaging: awsome. the keyboard was fit in a cardboardbox filled with foam pellets under and above the keyboard. I'm sure the keyboard was safe from shipping damage.

shipping speed: from the moment I ordered the keyboard for the second time(see negative) I think it took them about 3 hours to ship it. Can't really complain. but somehow it got stuck between their store and miami which is less than 200 mile away...but it's not their fault if it took the keyboard 5 days to do that distance!

custom fees: NONE, i'm really happy with that as I was expecting to pay around 75$ for custom fees. DECK still need to find a canadian reseller tho.

semi-negative:

buying: I had to buy the keyboard twice as my first purchase was refunded in something like 15 minutes. Why? my paypal address wasn't verified and they don't ship to unverified paypal addresses. So I bought it again with the same credit card that is linked to my paypal account...but without using paypal and this time it went well! But on the good side they didn't wait a few days to cancel my purchase and they refunded immediatly.

so I think that about sums it up!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:26 am 

I just ordered one from that site today, but only because you don't offer usps priority... you should consider using usps shipping...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:35 pm 

I just placed an order for a deck legend with performance-pcs a couple nights ago. It was Friday night so I'm hoping to see a Monday email stating that my order is being shipped. I wanted to buy directly from the deck website but I'm a fan of using paypal with internet purchases so I went to performance-pcs. Unfortunately they don't seem to allow you to specify if you want to order the pc version or mac, so I'm guessing pc is what I'm getting... Oh well, I ordered the mac keycap set to go with it.

Pros so far: performance-pcs accepts paypal and offers a number of ways to ship.

Cons so far: no option to order the mac version from them and the keyboard costs $10 more than deck's website.

I'm very much looking forward to receiving my new keyboard.

UPDATE: Ok, I received my keyboard from performance-pcs. Their service has been pretty good. They sent me an email the first business day after my order stating that my keyboard has shipped and they supplied the tracking number. When I first got my keyboard I thought it was a dead unit, it didn't seem to work at all, so they were pretty helpful in setting up an exchange for me, however deckguy Adam helped me solve the simple problem with the keyboard so no exchange was necessary. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the service from performance-pcs.com.