It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: key caps
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:19 am 

when will the key caps be relised

Post subject: SPECIAL KEY CAPS
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:07 pm 

THE SPECIAL KEYCAPS WILL BE AVAILABLE 4 WEEKS AFTER WE (AT DECK KEYBOARDS) HAVE 10 OR MORE GOOD! SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU DECK KEYBOARD USERS.... SO FAR WE(AT DECK) HAVE ONLY COME UP WITH "SKULL&CROSSBONES", "PISTOL", "BOMB", AND A FEW OTHERS, BUT WE WANT SUGGESTIONS!! ....REMEMBER, THEY CAN BE GRAPHICS (SIMPLE ONES AS THERE IS NOT ALOT OF ROOM ON A KEYCAP). TOM G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:03 am 

New keys to match the boards might be cool. For example, a key with a flame on it for the fire board. Some ice/frost vibe on the Ice boards. Those could be cool. Lighting is a good one. Japanese characters (as trendy as they are) could be cool. But if you do, I beg you! No "happiness" "Wisdom" crap. I want "Death" "Kill" "Bomb" or something. lol. I'm that kind of gamer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:36 pm 
I already submitted most of these suggestion to the keycaps@deckkeyboards.com address, but I thought I'd share them here too.

How about a Penguin key with Tux the Linux mascot on it, to replace the infamous Windows key for us Penguinistas. Maybe for Mac fans, a command "clover"/Open Apple key, as well as an Option key

Also, how about a Control keycap that goes where the Caps-Lock key normally goes and vice-versa. Old-school Unix greybeards would like that. Not sure what to do about the Caps-Lock LED though - relocating it would be a bit of a project...

Another idea would be to have a Meta keycap that could replace one or both the the Alt keys. Again for Unix weenies.

Think of the layout of the Happy Hacking Keyboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:04 pm 
I really like the tux, and "any" key ideas. I'd like to add "Panic" to the list. Who wouldn't want a panic button, just in case? Also, how about a little shopping cart? Perfect for Counterstrike. A little parachute would be handy for Battlefield.

In a different vein, we could have keycaps for winamp. Just those little icons used for Previous Track, Play, Pause, Stop, and Next Track. Mute and Volume controls for windows would be great too, but I'm at a loss as to how to add that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:14 pm 

So how many more good keycap ideas do you need before you start making keycap kits?

Inquring minds want to know.

BTW, I also like the "Panic" and "Any" keys, as well as the Winamp Play/Pause/Stop/Next Track/Previous Track keys.

Another idea is for web-browsing related keys - Back & Forward keys, as well as Stop and Reload keys.

On the Penguinista note, for KDE fans, how about a K key (with the KDE logo), and a GNOME footprint logo key.

Post subject: keycaps
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:29 pm 

Good question. About 2 weeks and we are working to post the keycaps so you can see them. We have 12 keycaps right now. Here are some of the keycaps.

a bomb symbol
a middle finger up (the bird)
D (arrow right)
W (arrow up)
S (arrow down)
A (arrow right)
Q (arrow up to the left)
E (arrow up to the right)

I'll post pictures soon.

thanks
Deck Guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:36 pm 
Another good one would be a grenade keycap (with a classic pineapple grenade) to replace the G key, since in many FPS's, G throws a grenade or arms a grenade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:51 am 
I would really enjoy seeing the full "hackers" movie keyboard... If your a fan of the movie like i am you might know what i am talking about. Every key on the board had a different little symbol, some have already been brought up but i feel that these would be a good place to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:30 am 
The keyset from the keyboards on board the hover crafts in the matrix films looked leet as hell.

Post subject: keycap sets
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:38 pm 

Please note that the keycap sets are now posted under the announcements forum. They are ready to purchase and the keycap sets come along with a keycap removal tool.

thanks,
Deck Guy

Post subject: I'm trying to find them to purchase on your website.
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:57 pm 

HELP!

Where can I find them to order them on the website. I looked for online sales support, but couldn't find it.

Post subject: Keycap Sales
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:53 am 
You have to click on sales support; manually enter your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information, method of shipment and which set you are interested in. We will enter it manually on our side and notify you via email when you order has been received and when it will be shipped. Our website administrator has not had a chance to rearrange our website to do an auto order entry so it has to be done manually. We decided not to delay the purchase of the keycaps while this is being done. If you are not comfortable with this you are welcome to call us with the information 262-652-2626. Orders will be taken Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST.
If you have any other problems or concerns please send me an email. I will try to address them as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

Cathy
DECK Keyboards Sales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:37 am 

So how much for say, 26 biohazards?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:13 pm 

Here's another question. I noticed there's a blank keycap in the set for your own customization. What's the best way to paint those so you get something that matches the rest of the keyboard. I would like to have a key with Tux the Linux Penguin to replace the Windows key.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next