It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Caps lock red light now shows with keyboard lights off PS/2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:48 pm 

I just got my Deck Legend - Ice Keyboard! keyboard back from repair where they changed the keyboard from usb to PS/2.

And I have discovered something new.

With my usb version if I had the keyboard lights turned off you could not see if the Caps button was locked no red light. But I just hooked up the replacement with PS/2 and to my surprise even with the keyboard lights turned off the Red light still shows when I have the Caps key locked. :)

Why does it work with PS/2 and not usb?

Anyway this makes me very happy I changed to PS/2 because the one thing I did not like about this keyboard was that you could not see the Caps lock red light when the keyboard lights are turned off.

Post subject: Re: Caps lock red light now shows with keyboard lights off PS/2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:29 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Sorry I missed this thread and let it go this long w/o a reply, sometimes I swear I am blind... :oops:

I think a change was made with the FN + CAPS keys to the way your backlighting behaves while we were testing it after the USB to PS/2 swap. This is covered in the user manual which can be found here:

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/customersupport.php

Quote:
The keyboard has non-volatile memory to save the backlighting level as well as the brightness mode of the Num, Caps and Scroll Lock LEDs (status LEDs). There are two status LED modes. The first mode has the status LEDs dim along with the backlighting LEDs of the keys. The second mode is a “daylight” mode in which the status LEDs remain bright at all backlighting brightness levels - even if the backlighting is turned “off”. Please note that the status LEDs will dim slightly as the backlighting levels decrease toward level 1. The status LED mode is toggled by pressing “Fn” followed by “Caps Lock” key. Just as with the dimming operation, no “Caps Lock” key information is sent to the PC when the “Fn” key is down. If the non-volatile memory fails, the default power-on settings are level 7 brightness and the status LEDs dim along with the backlighting of the keys.