It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:04 pm 
I have a problem with my fire board.

I play mostly FPS games... CS, NS, CS:S, Doom3, HL2:DM, etc., andwhen I try to do a combination of keys using the standard WASD fps layout I can't move diagonaly forwards and to the left.

a=left
d=right
w=forward
s=backward
ctrl=crouch
space=jump

So say I am holding crouch and moving forward, holding both keys down. Then I add left to move diagonaly right. All three keys pressed and no problems.

If I try the same thing, only move diagonaly right, that's crouch, forward and left at the same time the left input doesn't work. I just keep moving forward and can only move forward and left seperatly in right angles.

This works just fine on ly standard PS2 keyboard.

Also, I cannot crouch jumo with the deck. Forward then jump and crouch all at the same time. With the standard kb it works perfectly and I can do it at will anytime, but with the deck, I can't do it at all. Guys I play with say my legs never go into the crouch...

Anyone ever have this? Deckguy, you got any ideas?

If no workaround I guess I'll need to setup an rma/return. I'm still within 30 days of purchase.

H E L P!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:14 pm 
I should also say that I have winXP, and use the default KB drivers, and the USB cable is plugged straight into a high speed USB port on back of the PC.

Specs:
XPSP2 (fresh install)
Saphire X800XT PE
2.66 stock OC to 3.06ghz P4 Northwood w/ Zalman Flower Au heatsink
MSI 865-PE NEO2 PLS
1 gig PC-3200 Corsair TwinX in Dual Channel
SB Audigy ZS Gamer
Logitech MX-510 USB mouse (PS2 Converted)
180GB Internal IBM Deskstar 180GXP
160GB External Maxtor One-Touch USB
(3) Virtual SCSI DVD/CD-Rom Drives
Internal 12x10x32 TDK Velo CD burner

All the latest drivers and updates. System runs great. The USB external drive is off and no other peripherals are plugged into USB.

Absolutly no problems with standard KB. I don't have any other USB KB's to test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:20 am 
aight, I couldn't have hosed that fisrt post up more. I had the left and right mixed up when I typed it out.

The problem exists only with the 'A' key, the left movement bind. I cannot move diagonly left when I have 'CTRL', 'W', and then 'A' depressed at the same time. Seems to be the only key that won't function in multiple key press combinations.

'CTRL' + 'W' + 'D' moves diagonaly forward and left while crouched without any issues.

Sorry for the confusion.

Post subject: keyboard
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:58 pm 

Please email tech support so we can work this out directly. We may have a few questions also.

thanks
Deck guy

mailto:technicalsupport@deckkeyboards.com

Post subject: Re: keyboard
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:22 pm 
any news on this? thanks.

Post subject: tech help
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:52 pm 

The Deck tech guys worked directly with this customer to solve the problem.
thanks,

Deck Guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:59 pm 
yeah, it's fixed now. Deck Tech sent me an RMA and pre paid return shipping sticker. They fixed it and sent it back in 24 hours no cost.

Works great now in all FPS. The problem was multiple key depressions and the A key. Whatever they did it works fine now.

Everyone was very responsive and friendly. Really hassle free. Just e-mail them to see what the current process is.

I got mine fixed in February.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]