It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Deck quit out
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:31 am 

Hey guys got a weird problem I was in the middle of programming with my deck(which I love btw). It quit working just quit typing the backlight was still on. So i checked everything worked the arrow keys esc nothing I tried it on other pc same problem backlights no typing. But if I hit Fn and use the arrow keys to dum and brighten the backlights. Works fine any ideas? Probably something I did anyway.

I work from 8-6 so I can't call in and the email returns saying its invalid so I can't email. So sorry about posting first.

I truly do love my deck and I hope I can get it working again ^_^.

Post subject: Re: Deck quit out
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:21 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Hmm just tested our email and it looks like it is working fine...did you send it to technicalsupport@deckkeyboards.com or a different address?

It is always hard to say what the problem could be without actually inspecting the board as there are many potential causes for the problem. Maybe the best question to start off is this: are you knowledgeable about electronic circuits and can you solder? If not, the best way to start troubleshooting is to either find a friend who knows about this stuff or send it back to us.

If you do know about this stuff, we do offer schematics to help self-troubleshoot which can be found here (bottom of page).

Some other things to check:

• Have you tried plugging your Deck into another computer? Does it have the same problem?
  • If your Deck is USB do you have it run through a hub or extension cables? USB can act strangely with power sometimes so make sure it is plugged into a full-power port
  • If your Deck is PS2 have you tried making sure it is plugged all the way in and then rebooting your computer? PS2 is not always hot-plug friendly so if it came unplugged and then you try to plug it back in it may stop working

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:27 am 

Quote:
Some other things to check:

* Have you tried plugging your Deck into another computer? Does it have the same problem?
* If your Deck is USB do you have it run through a hub or extension cables? USB can act strangely with power sometimes so make sure it is plugged into a full-power port
* If your Deck is PS2 have you tried making sure it is plugged all the way in and then rebooting your computer? PS2 is not always hot-plug friendly so if it came unplugged and then you try to plug it back in it may stop working

Yeah I tried plugging it into several other computers its generated the same result. yes its USB and no its plugged right into the motherboard USB.

When I get home ill pop the top on it and see if I can figure out the issue if I fix I will post the problem and the fix here so other people can see.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:07 am 

If you’re lucky, it might just be your cable
Do you move your KB a lot? (eg KB tray or something)
You can damage your cable if it keeps flexing at the same place