It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Legend Spacebar question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:31 pm 

First, I live in a semi-rural area so had nothing to go by but online reviews. I ordered and received my Legend 105 Ice Tactile today. The build and components are everything claimed as to being the best quality.

I am however a gamer first and foremost and there is an item that seems out of place. The height of the space bar is lower than all the rest of the keys by a good 1/8th inch.

I hope I can acclimate myself to this if it is intended to be that way on this board but am hoping a user or two can tell me if their units have this?

Using true "touch typing" I can see how it may be beneficial but for the hunt and peck typists that use a keyboard strictly for gaming, it is an odd feeling.

If anyone reading this would respond, I would be appreciative. I am specifically referring to the height of the top of the space bar only as it relates to all other keys.

Again thanks for any responses. :)

Post subject: Re: Legend Spacebar question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:23 am 

I have a Frost tactile, and it too has a slightly lower spacebar. Other than from an esthetic perspective it doesn't bother me though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:29 am 

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately for me, the height differential is important.

It's a week now and still no response to 2 tech support email requests on the matter.

At a $184 U.S. investment, I would think a simple question would be answered. I wonder what happens when I need real support. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:21 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

I apologize for the delay in response, we had a problem with our email address that should now be resolved.

To confirm what you are seeing yes the spacebar does sit slightly lower by design.