It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: An Eager Customer...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:26 am 

I'm in the market for a backlit keyboard and out of all the research I've done, I've ended up with Deck. I just LOVE the look of this keyboard. I love the fact that it can be modded. I love that it's compact. On top of that, it looks really durable and don't forget, cool too!

After owning a not so cheaply priced "Electro Luminescent" keyboard that went on strike after a short 6 months, I'm pretty eager to try the Deck. BUT, even with all of the previously mentioned wonderful features, I'm still about one inch from ordering because...

I would also love to have a number pad.

I'm a MMORPG freak and I like to game in the dark. BUT, I'm also a wife and mother and use the keypad to balance the checkbook etc.

I'm almost willing to deal with my broken keyboard until you guys come out with a standard keyed version of the Deck. So hurry up! Pweeeeease? :D

Thanks for reading my rant,
Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:06 pm 
IIRC, both a full-sized keyboard and an add-on number pad for the current Deck keyboards are in the works. Unfortunately, there's been a bit of a delay for the number pad because Deck's having trouble getting it to pass FCC radio interference testing - they're reworking it with more shielding.

I kind of miss the number pad myself. I'll probably order one when they become available.

Post subject: 104 key backlit KB
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:35 pm 
Best I can tell you now is the 104 key will be available in the summer. I know thats not very exact, but that is how long it takes to get it designed, programed, FCC tested, order parts, and build. We're peddling as fast as we can.
Tom G

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]