It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Deck Keyboard Key Problem
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:25 pm 

I got a deck keyboard over a year now and I love it to heart, best there is. Thing is I was typing to someone from tech support and I don't know if I clarify my situation correctly. Sorry I'm new to learning English please bare with me thank you. I have a huge deep scratch on the space bar and it hurts every time I need to use it. I require to type a lot in my job and this causes pain on my finger. The tech help said I need to desolder it to replace it. From my understanding, I can't just pop the key off to replace it with another space bar key. I don't want to switch the switches but the key itself. If yes, can I still get it? He offer to send for free but if I have to pay something then its okay thank you.

-Chris

Post subject: Re: Deck Keyboard Key Problem
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:34 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Hi Chris,

If the only problem is a scratch on the spacebar plastic keycap, then you can pop the keycap off and replace it with another spacebar keycap.

However, if the switch is broken, you would also have to disassemble the keyboard and solder in a new switch.

Please email technicalsupport@deckkeyboards.com to inquire about receiving the parts.