It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: kvm switch round 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:52 am 

Hello again,

Ok so I looked closer at the site and saw that the keyboard has, please correct if I'm wrong, an led (light) under each key as well as a light that surrounds the entire kb.

The ring of light sounds really "pimp" however not being the cool person that the others here are, I really wouldn't want that. Can the surround light (however it's accomplished) be defeated so that only the keys illuminate?

Thanks again

NR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:37 pm 

NR, under some of the mod sections they mention that the protective plastic ring around the keyboard can be fairly easily removed. You could get the black replacement to keep the lights on the ring from coming through. That may look cool enough for the casual gamer as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:16 pm 

Thanks for the reply.

A couple thing that possibly you can direct me to:

First I was unable to find the product you mentioned, the black 'surround' and would like to know if this is an extra cost or not.

Second, I think I read on the Deck site the lights around the rim of the keyboard are NOT installed when sent and this is a user modification and if so makes the original question answered.

I tried an email to sales at Deck but have yet not gotten any answers.

Thanks again NR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:23 am 

Ah. Hmm. That's a good question about the lights not being installed. I have not gotten one of these boards yet myself (but here's crossing my fingers I have enough free, my next check) so I'm not 100% possitive on that one. I've been looking into them quite extensively though. If you go to the mainpage (www.deckkeyboards.com) and choose Products at the top, then choose Casings. This will show you the replacement covers that are available. They go for about $15 each I believe. It looks like the black one is the only one that does not allow light to shine through it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]