It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Korean Deck Francium on EBAY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:57 am 

The Francium is showing up on Ebay with a Korean layout.

When can we expect to see this fellow in the US?

From the pictures available on Ebay I see a lot of good things but ONE is really bothering me. This is from the artwork shown with the Francium

From the look of it... I hope you didn't go the cheap coated ABS way.

Deck is known to use PBT keycaps, more expensive yes, but so much more durable. like THIS

Will you offer the Francium with PBT Keycaps?

Post subject: Re: Korean Deck Francium on EBAY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:50 am 

Here's an ABS double shot of a competitor after only few months of use

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:29 am 

I just found a very interesting reading at this site about the Hassium at this site
http://mechkb.tumblr.com/post/59664045773/our-stock-of-deck-hassiums-are-genuine-pbt-doubleshot

First of all, Francium and Hassium are two radio active elements from the Periodic table, with atomic number respectively 87 and 108... Same number as the keys on those two keyboards... What are the odds?

The site provides something REALLY reassuring... Pictures of the Hassium keycaps that are confirmed doubleshot PBT

So I suspect that in the Francium Artwork, someone lazy or in a hurry to show the Cherry switch up close didn't bother to put Deck's keycaps near it. They simply put any handy cheap translucent ABS keycaps and threw them in the picture to make it look pretty.

So this misleading picture although included in the Francium Artwork is probably not showing Deck's keycaps

I feel better. Can't wait to see the new Deck generation showing on Deck's US site.

It's weird that the Francium and the Hassium are already available for sale in couples of places in the world but they don't even Show up on Deck's own site.

Here's what the Francium Looks like

And here's what the Hassium looks like

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:24 pm 

deck4ever wrote:
I just found a very interesting reading at this site about the Hassium at this site
http://mechkb.tumblr.com/post/59664045773/our-stock-of-deck-hassiums-are-genuine-pbt-doubleshot

First of all, Francium and Hassium are two radio active elements from the Periodic table, with atomic number respectively 87 and 108... Same number as the keys on those two keyboards... What are the odds?

The site provides something REALLY reassuring... Pictures of the Hassium keycaps that are confirmed doubleshot PBT

So I suspect that in the Francium Artwork, someone lazy or in a hurry to show the Cherry switch up close didn't bother to put Deck's keycaps near it. They simply put any handy cheap translucent ABS keycaps and threw them in the picture to make it look pretty.

So this misleading picture although included in the Francium Artwork is probably not showing Deck's keycaps

I feel better. Can't wait to see the new Deck generation showing on Deck's US site.

It's weird that the Francium and the Hassium are already available for sale in couples of places in the world but they don't even Show up on Deck's own site.

Here's what the Francium Looks like

And here's what the Hassium looks like

PBT keys. Thank god. What's with the new site? There's no link to this forum on the new site. And it looks like they're not offering Cherry MX clear switches anymore... :?:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:36 pm 

encryptor wrote:
PBT keys. Thank god. What's with the new site? There's no link to this forum on the new site. And it looks like they're not offering Cherry MX clear switches anymore... :?:

I don't know what is going on with Deck's website. It looks like no one cares about it at TG3.
The Francium and the Hassium are now available on Amazon and until recently the web site link to it was not even working.

In case you are interested - They can be purchased at

www.amazon.com/shops/tg3electronics

I already got one of each... Great keyboards. I'm very happy with them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:19 am 

PBT keys. Thank god. What's with the new site? There's no link to this forum on the new site. And it looks like they're not offering Cherry MX clear switches anymore..
6CH Esky Helicopters