It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wow cant play Battlefield or CS with this
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:08 am 
I cant play any FPS game with this keyboard it bugs when you try any strafe and walk and jump combo is mine bugged or is all decks like this

Post subject: What is bugs?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:13 pm 
In what way does it get buggy? And how many keys are you holding down at the same time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:11 pm 
ok in CS "counter strike" you cant move forward and strafe and jump
as in Key "W" is forward "A" is strafe "space" is jump you also cant crouch as in "CTRL" key its weird i thought it might be CS so i tried it in Battlefield and World of Warcraft so i think im going to send keyboard back Unles someone who plays any of teh aboved named games can try it and tell me if it works for them and my borad is messed up I have had the keyboard for 1 day

Post subject: I was also the 2nd post on this thread as well.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:41 am 

I tried to emulate the problem using a different FPS game. Joint Op's appears to work just fine when I'm running forward, strafing, jumping, all at the same time. I do own battlefield, but I didn't want to re-install to find out if I could get the same problem there. I had first thought that the keyboard wouldn't let you press more than 2 keys at a time, but again, it seems to work fine in Joint Op's. I mainly play RTS's so I didn't have problems with multiple keypresses.

Have you tried to find out if there is anything that you have installed that might be interfering with the keyboard? Do you have too many things on a non-powered hub? I actually don't know if this would cause a problem, but it might. Try swithing usb ports. <shrugg> I wish I could help more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:55 pm 
http://www.deckkeyboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57

---

Contact deck tech support for the fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:19 am 
Thanks for teh link contacted them and i am waiting on a RMA number.
Bummer you cant hold "AWD" at same time but atleast they can fix the CTRL problem. Will post reply when i get my Deck bacl<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:24 pm 
when I sent mine back they fixed everything. Now I am able to use it just like any KB. I can depress any button combo needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:34 am 
Realy they told me i could never do WAD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:12 am 
Whywould you ever want to got left (A), right (D), and forward (W) at the same time?

for mine, I can crouch (CTRL), move left (A) OR right (D) and jump (space bar) at the same time, after the fix that is anyway.

Before the fix I couldn't move forward while trying to strafe left (think diagonal left) if I was crouched. Also crouch jumping (forward + ctrl + space) didn't work, but now I can strafe left or right AND perform a crouch jump.

I guess I'm a little confused what your saying by WAD. If you push left AND right at the same time they cancel each other in the game not the KB.

Have you rebound your keys to other than the standard WASD layout?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:54 pm 
Download this application -- I wrote it a while ago to test what keys your keyboard is capable of handling simultaneously. Sorry it's so large (640 KB), I was lazy when building it and it includes more than is necessary.

Anyway my [non Deck] keyboard cannot handle W+A+D, though it can handle W+A+Space just fine. Post your results!

When you run it, you'll get a blank blue window. Press a key or combination of keys and the keys that are currently held down will be printed onscreen. The exception is the Esc key which quits. DirectInput is used for input if you're curious... this is almost definitely what's used for input in any of the Windows games you'll play.

Post subject: Hmn...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:44 pm 

I tried your program and I find an interesting thing occures.

When I press the W:E keys I can't get the Q, A, S, Z, or X to come up. Other keys such as the control and the spacebar come up.

It seems like the Deck keyboard has groupings of keys that you can press and hold.

Is this normal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:47 pm 
Yes it is, and it's due to the fact that some keys lie on the same circuit path as others, or something like that. Well, take a look at what happens when you press Q+E+ some key on the right side of the keyboard, such as U or P. It works, right? I know I can press Q+E+U but not Q+E+D or anything similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:31 pm 
I had probs with my deck when i first got it (outlined above and in a diff thread). Basically, multiple key depressions in certain often used WASD combinations simply didn't work.

After contacting Deck tech support I sent my KB in and they did 'something' and I haven't had a complaint since. I really enjoy playing on my Fire Deck. the red glow only adds to the atmosphere and makes quick key visualition easy without taking me out of the game world.

I'll try you app (which sounds great, wish I had it in back in feb when all this happend) and let you know the results.

The big picture is why market a KB towards gamers that doesn't work in he most standard WASD gaming format?

The second big picture is that if Deck knew how to 'fix' mine back in feb, why are they still marketing and shipping boards to 'gamers' without the fix?

I dunno maybe they aren't. I'll test mine against my old ps/2 kb that I used to play with and let you know. Somebody with a new Deck test theirs and we will be able to determine both the extent of the problem as well as the fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:37 am 
Hmm I'd say they flashed or changed your ┬ÁC and how it process scan codes of the keyboard.

Post subject: Got it back in mail
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:09 am 
Got my deck back in mail today to get problem fixed. Problem is my wife says its to loud so i bought a Z-Board BUT THE BEST PART IS.... She said i could keep it and use it when shes not sleeping so now i own over $200 in keybaords lol. Money well spent love my deck. (But only from 9am - 5pm) when wife is at work and im a thome watching kid) Stay at home dad is nice bla bla bla ^BUMP^ sorry for ramble

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]