It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: what type of paint?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:58 am 

hi, i am considering painting the clear red casing i got, any idea what type of paint i should use? and will the LED's show up thru the paint? paint some flames on the board, and watch em lite up. does deck offer a clear plastic case? I thought they all came with clear cases, but i was wrong. i like the see thru red case though.

deck rules
walko

Post subject: Type of paint
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:49 am 

To WALKO, look under mods, then paint. Yes, we've tried it with good results. I think it's cooler to paint the inside. then add the 6 LEDs to the underside of the PCB pointing them inboard to bounce the light off the diamond plate bottom pan. Leave the LED leads about a quarter inch long to enable bending. Tom G

Post subject: Re: what type of paint?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:09 am 

walk0 wrote:
hi, i am considering painting the clear red casing i got, any idea what type of paint i should use? and will the LED's show up thru the paint? paint some flames on the board, and watch em lite up. does deck offer a clear plastic case? I thought they all came with clear cases, but i was wrong. i like the see thru red case though.

deck rules
walko

The best info on painting is under the Modify link and then "how to paint your Deck".

thanks
Deck Guy

Post subject: Re: what type of paint?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:48 pm 

deck guy wrote:
walk0 wrote:

deck rules
walko

The best info on painting is under the Modify link and then "how to paint your Deck".

thanks
Deck Guy

how about paint thinner? will it weaken the plastic? just in case i screw up.
thanks.
walko

Post subject: PAINT THINNER??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:23 pm 

WALKO, We don't know about paint thinner, we've never screwed-up ANYTHING. (grin) besides, a new housing is only $15 if you do screw-up. OR, you can use the KB (with the addition of 2 tall rubber feet) NAKED, no housing at all. I prefer my KB dressed up just a little though (with the housing) Good luck---write soon and send pics too!! Do add the 6 leds to the bottom as described under"mods", this lights up the bottom nicely. Tom G

Post subject: Re: PAINT THINNER??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:34 pm 

HUDSON wrote:
WALKO, We don't know about paint thinner, we've never screwed-up ANYTHING. (grin) besides, a new housing is only $15 if you do screw-up. OR, you can use the KB (with the addition of 2 tall rubber feet) NAKED, no housing at all. I prefer my KB dressed up just a little though (with the housing) Good luck---write soon and send pics too!! Do add the 6 leds to the bottom as described under"mods", this lights up the bottom nicely. Tom G

Thanks for the reply Tom. I found this link, it says it safe for polycarbonate plastic. let me know what you think.
http://www.ehobbies.com/rc-dyn-5506.html

Post subject: Re: PAINT THINNER??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:40 pm 

do you have any links for paint manufacturers? i am getting results overload from google. I found polycarbonate paint for Lexan R/C bodies, but not Lexan R paint.
and i am paint clueless. :oops:
thanks

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]