It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mods for corporate environments
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:20 pm 

As a lan admin who manages several racks of servers, i'd really like to see a smaller form factor of your keyboard, with dimmer leds (for lower power consumption), PS/2 connector, and sized to fit into a server rack's keyboard/mouse-monitor slide out tray.

When the lights go out during a power outage, and the servers are running on UPS power, a lighted keyboard would be a blessing during shutdown procedures, plus the lights are usually off in the server room anyway, and a lighted keyboard would serve well during normal operations as well.

With all of the server rooms, and racks of servers out there, do you think there'd be a market for a lower cost, lower power consuming, smaller form factor unit from your company, and possibly marketed through a server manufacturer (DELL, HP, GATEWAY, APPLE)?

Just a thought.....

e151280

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:49 pm 

e151280, I believe our 82 key backlit will fit in a 19" rack now, but it's USB. is ps2 what you need?? please e-mail me at technicalsupport@deckkeyboards.com. TOM G

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]