It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Any chance of a clear case on the Legend?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:51 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Not sure if this has been asked already but is it possible or will it be possible to get a clear or at least a case similar in transparency to the Deck smaller (original) boards? It would be nice to have the LED light shine through the keyboard encasement like the originals. Thanks. :D

XP 3200, ATI 800XT PE, Corsair XMS 3200, Audigy 2, 2 120 GB SATA drives in Raid 0, Ultra XConnect PSU, LG SuperMulti DVD Drive, 2 RED 120mm Case Fans, 2 RED CC Lights, 1 RED 80mm Window Fan under 1 UV 80mm illuminating 1 BLUE 80mm Galactic Imperial Symbol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:21 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

We will probably not release any other casings for the Legend, but we will take your request into consideration if we do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:21 pm 

Yes, please think about it! I have a clear case for my toxic 82-key, and it looks 100% better than the stock housing, IMO. It makes it look lighter, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:03 pm 

I just bought a Legend and I also would like to see switchable casings for it. Really I wish the Legend was shared some of the radical styling of the Deck mini board... I love compact keyboards but I need the number pad! IBM made a great compact keyboard for a while, although of course these keys themselves were your typical rubber dome nothings.

I was shopping for a heavy-duty buckling spring keyboard, but the Legend grabbed me for nostalgiac reasons. The pictures of the key-switches (under the caps) on the Deck boards look exactly like the switches on one of my favorite keyboards ever, an add-on keyboard for (man does this date me) the Atari 400. That early 8-bit PC (1979) shipped with a lousy membrane keyboard... this thing installed on top of it and had a great "snappy" feel.

Anyway... interchangable casings for the Legend would be highly desirable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:54 pm 

I'm for housings for the legend! Will save me from making my own w/ clear resin from a mold!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:27 pm 
 WWW  Profile

DeckGuy Adam wrote:
We will probably not release any other casings for the Legend, but we will take your request into consideration if we do.

Not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks for taking the time to answer our questions on this forum. As an avid computer fanatic, I would strongly urge you to reconsider the stance on casings for the Legend. Deck keyboards and the company would benefit from the effort put into making interchangable casings a reality. Best wishes and thanks again! :D

XP 3200, ATI 800XT PE, Corsair XMS 3200, Audigy 2, 2 120 GB SATA drives in Raid 0, Ultra XConnect PSU, LG SuperMulti DVD Drive, 2 RED 120mm Case Fans, 2 RED CC Lights, 1 RED 80mm Window Fan under 1 UV 80mm illuminating 1 BLUE 80mm Galactic Imperial Symbol