It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Suggestion for New Color
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:12 am 

:D I LOVE my ICE deck keyboard. After a while of locating a place to order it that accepts paypal <--- (doesn't have credit cards anymore) I got it. The only thing that I found a little hard to get use to, and this is my fault because I peck away and don't type "properly". i type pretty fast, but just not "properly". Anyway, I keep accidentally hitting the HOME key instead of the BACKSPACE and before I've noticed, I've inserted a new part of my sentence in the middle of my paragraph instead of backing up a few keystrokes.

But anyway, that's not really my suggestion. My suggestion is.....

A new color with a new name for that color. I missed out on the naming contest for Toxic. But this was my idea for a new color to add to the Deck series.
How's this:

Color:
PURPLE
Name:
POISON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:46 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for the suggestion, and glad to hear you love your Ice board! Unfortunately, we will most likely never have a new option for a different color LED in our Deck boards (as seen here in our FAQ section).

The reason for this is two fold:

One, the cost of some of the more 'exotic' colored LEDs is extremely ridiculous compared to the colors we currently use. This would increase the cost of our boards to the point that only a handful of people would buy them and we would lose a massive amount of money in the process.

Two, the lifespan of the more 'exotic' colored LEDs is far shorter than the current colors we use. Our LEDs are rated for about 22 years of continuous usage without failure (whether or not they last that long is unknown but that is what the rating is). The other colors - such as pinks, purples, etc. - do not last as long. When you pay what one of our Deck boards costs, we want you to be happy with it for...well...forever. These 'exotic' LEDs WILL fail sooner rather than later and you will be left with a non-backlit keyboard. We don't want that to happen so we don't offer those colors.

It would be cool though, and maybe it will happen in the future but I would say don't expect to find it anytime soon. On the bright side, how many other keyboard manufacturers offer 4 different colors of backlighting and accessories to customize your keyboard like we do?