It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Deck Legend Suggestions.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:52 pm 

I'd like to start out by saying the Deck Legend looks like one of the highest quality keyboards with back lighting I have seen yet.

I would just like to add my feedback for what it's worth, I've been gaming and using high grade peripherals for a long time, and seen some great and terrible products.

I truly believe it has a few things missing that a $160 keyboard should have

The keyboard needs some multi-media options, for those of us who don't feel the need to "alt tab" out of our games to switch tracks in our music or simply wish to control the volume with our keyboard.

Secondly I would really like to see a bit more flare and design to this keyboard; it looks like a standard IBM keyboard that is black with backlit keys. (And no I don't mean it needs to be hideous looking like the G15 lol)

I think a gaming edition of this keyboard with powered USB ports (And make it USB2 for the love of god) with just a couple macro keys would make it the number 1 contender in my books, as it already has what all of the other keyboards out there lack as far as I am concerned and that is QUALITY, more specifically the backlit keys, Deck has protective coating on the keys to prevent them from fading, My Logitech G15 keys faded completely after 8 months of use.

It seems that there are 2 kinds of keyboards out there, backlit keyboards that are just backlit without any features for gamers or keyboards that have a ton of features but are very poorly made with poor backlighting.

There needs to be a keyboard with both! It has yet to be done.

These opinions are a collective of myself and 2 friends of mine that have used this keyboard for several months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:50 am 

I would buy one of these tomorrow if:

It had multimedia keys.

I currently use an Eclipse II. I like the feel of the Deck keys better and the back lighting is obviously superior. But the lack of multimedia keys makes getting a Deck a non-starter for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:06 am 

While I appreciate that some might use them, I find multi-media keys a source of unnecessary clutter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:24 pm 

An alternative is to install and configure AutoHotKey. It can be found at:
http://www.autohotkey.com/

While this is not an application that the computer illiterate will feel comfortable with, it could be a solution to the problem stated in this tread. It will also give you some gaming advantage. Essentially, it gives you the ability of reprogramming any key or combo to output a single key or a complex sequence of keys.

For example, you could configure Alt+F5 through AlT+F12 as your media control keys and Alt+F1 through Alt+F3 as those great kill sequences that you now do manually. So, for example, Press Alt and F1 and your player executes a string of actions like turn left 180, fire, fire, fire, turn left 180, run.

This just scratches the surface of what it can do but I thought I'd limit it to the thread subject.

Oh, It's also open source and well supported.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:11 pm 

Please, PLEASE do not put those cluttery multimedia keys on the keyboard. It speaks volumes to the quality and focus of the company to have a keyboard that is just that. For those who really want multimedia controls, there are hosts upon hosts of usb peripherals that can satisfy this need

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:20 pm 

I wish it was a little cheaper or they would put them on sale occassionally. :(