It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which of the following would you like to see the most and why? [Using 82 key Deck as example]
White LEDs, clear case, linear switches 20%  20%  [ 5 ]
Bright yellow case, Red LEDs, yellow keycap lettering, tactile switches 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Blue LEDs with green LEDs pre-installed in WASD letters (other letters?), linear switches 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
I just want a clear case for my Legend! 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
I just want anything with tactile switches! 36%  36%  [ 9 ]
Nothing new, I like the current Deck lineup 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Other (specify below) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 25
 Post subject: Possible new products, need your opinions!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:52 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Please vote for the product you would be most inclined to buy. We are trying to gauge the interest in the following products as we are considering releasing new options. Something missing or just want to give us feedback on the options? Post below!

EDIT 06/22/2009: RELEASING NEW PRODUCTS WITH LINEAR SWITCHES AND WHITE LEDS WHICH MAKES THIS THREAD A BIT OUT OF DATE...CLOSING THIS THREAD FROM FUTURE POSTS. MAY START ANOTHER SUGGESTION THREAD AFTER WE START GETTING FEEDBACK ON THE NEW ITEMS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:03 am 
 WWW  Profile

I think the best options in that list are the tactile and the new Legend case. I don't think I would want white LEDs, it would feel like staring into a fluorescent bulb (others might like it though).

However for the Legend case I think it needs more than just molding it in clear plastic. IMO, it could use some redesign, perhaps to somehow fix the problem of the PS2 connector hitting the case top. I always wondered why you guys didn't create a custom case for it, with a diamond plate bottom like the 82-key (you know for brand consistency).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:30 am 

Voted white. I usually keep my LEDs off, but white might persuade me to turn them on from time to time. I'm far too lazy to buy white LEDs and solder them all in, though. Linear, tactile, both are fine with me. Clear case doesn't matter to me; I'll replace it with a black one (and replace the keycaps with a blank set).

That said, laziness really is the only thing keeping me from getting a keyboard like this anyway. So some of the other options might be better overall.

Post subject: Re: Possible new products, need your opinions!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:59 am 

Clear case with white leds will please the mac users, so it should be your first new products.

Me, I would like instead international replacement keys.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:34 am 

82-key with tactile switches, RGB LEDs, clear case, and a scroll-lock key for KVM control. No need to add an extra key, just make Fn+<something> send scroll-lock key codes. Also a plain font would be nice. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:30 pm 

mterlouw wrote:
No need to add an extra key, just make Fn+<something> send scroll-lock key codes.

I think it would be pretty neat if Fn+stuff sent different keycodes for a whole bunch of keys, just so I could remap them and do more interesting things. But that's probably more work than it's worth.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:36 am 
 WWW  Profile

Looks like you guys are getting more backlight competition:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/a85c/

For a new product maybe you could do something similar to that, but with real keyswitches instead of those short throw laptop keys (and without that wristpad extension).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:31 am 

legend clear case and also white LEDs...honestly think i would cream my pants if those came out...plus im way too lazy to go and find white leds and i have been unable to find a clear case for the legend...this would be very nice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:16 am 

Current line works for me. I'm very happy. I'm just begging for tactile.

But would be nice to have
-Support both PS2 and USB out of the box.
-And if you touch the case, can you make these stupid legs to clip in place?
they fall flat each time I move the keyboard, minor anoyance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:56 pm 

My dream Deck Keyboard specs:

82 key with white LEDs and tactile cherry brown key switches. Clear case? Aluminum case!??

Tilde key in the correct place. i.e. on the top left next to the "1" key.

USB wireless &/or bluetooth! I suppose the LEDs would put an extra drain on the battery but I'd certainly pay a premium for wireless. Filco seems to offer a wireless majestouch board with brown cherry keyswitches, though how you'd get one in the US is beyond me.

I'm happy enough with my deck board but if you released one as described above I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:21 pm 

Wow first other vote here.

I just got a Deck Legend and overall really like it. The only thing I'd want different is a left-handed version with the number pad on the left side. Makes it a little easier for aming that way. Also getting used to the brightness of the light, but that's just a matter of time to adjust.

Really nice keyboard and feel. I'm happy with it.

Now I have to decide which keycaps to get, that's a good idea too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:12 am 

A major improvement for us baby boomers would be a keyboard that is backlit AND has large keys. Much easier on the eyes and avoid the problem with the large key stickers over time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:10 am 

cercapenna wrote:
A major improvement for us baby boomers would be a keyboard that is backlit AND has large keys. Much easier on the eyes and avoid the problem with the large key stickers over time.

Interesting… How wide would you be welling to go?
It’s none of my business but have you consider learning how to type without actually looking at your keyboard? I never played a musical instrument before and had next to no dexterity when I started learning a typing methodology. It took me about 2 weeks of practice to learn and meet the speed I had when I was using my eyes and couple fingers.

BTW, I qualify as a baby boomer too. :D

From what I understand, you want to solve a visibility issue more then a motricity issue.
Is bigger fonts on the same layout would work for you?

Or you are really into large keys with large fonts like the following:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:50 am 

I often type in the dark or in decreased light environment at around 90 wpm. The backlit and large keys would help with visibility issues. I have a backlit keyboard now but it would just be easier with the large letters. I have no problem with the regular key size or slightly larger (thinking about other boomers who may have edematous and/or arthritic issues. I liked the first keyboard you showed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:47 pm 

I'd love to see you guys copy the layout of the Happy Hacking pro 2 keyboard.

With tactile switches and white LED backlight. :P

But please, black cases by default.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next