It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: deck issues
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:58 pm 

Hello.

I used to have a Deck keyboard a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. After heavy use though, I'd like to offer a few suggestions:

- heavy tactile feedback required: my hands hurt after a while, especially my pinky
- spacebar broke after 3-4 years of use: I managed to take it out and put it back in, but the right part always sagged a bit where my right thumb would hit it. If perhaps there were two sensors (one where each thumb would hit it) that would prevent mechanical wear on the spacebar

Otherwise I really liked the construction of the keys, very sturdy. Perhaps a wireless option as well.

Nowadays I am in the market for an "NKRO" (n-key rollover) wireless keyboard. The deck keyboard was quite good about rollover, but I would also humbly recommend advertising the rollover capability of the keyboard. (For example, holding down both shifts and typing "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" gives some indication about this.) I think the Deck has NKRO though, but unfortunately not wireless, and was fairly heavy in terms of being portable.

I also cannot recall perfectly, but perhaps I needed to reset the brightness setting of the keyboard every bootup.

Hope this helps. I loved the Deck while I had it.

Post subject: Re: deck issues
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:42 pm 

The deck keyboard was quite good about rollover, but I would also humbly recommend advertising the rollover capability of the keyboard. (For example, holding down both shifts and typing "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" gives some indication about this.) I think the Deck has NKRO though, but unfortunately not wireless, and was fairly heavy in terms of being portable.

Esky Heli Parts