It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why everyone needs a big deck...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:47 am 

Well, I got my ice deck today (Order #87) and yes, it is beyond my wildest keyboard dreams. (It takes a special kind of person to dream about keyboards...) UPS showed up in the morning and I was sure it was the deck but it turned out to be my spellforce expansion... I was so bummed that I couldn't even try the game out. Then at 6 pm UPS came back... this time with a big deck! I've been looking for a keyboard that can *really* be used at night for a long time, EluminX, Zippy, Logisys, I-Rocks, they're all the same and they all suck. This beast is the only *real* keyboard for night owls! No more squinting at tiny, half rubbed-off letters that are all but obscured by the corona effect of the weak EL that often makes a strange whine... plus you can drop this one and it still lights up afterwards... (*koff koff* Zippy *koff koff*) The Windoze key being relocated to the upper-right is awesome in my opinion, I was so sick of getting kicked to desktop when the action got thick and getting fragged as a result... I put the skull 'n' crossbones on it to remind me that it means death. Also, thank God there's no unforgivable "F-Lock" crap like on a high-dollar Microshaft or Logitech keyboard. Decks are best of the best no matter if you want the best looks or just the best functionality, I bought it for functionality rather than looks, but the looks came with it anyway... :D If you are reading this and you aren't sure if you want to take the plunge, DO IT! You can't lose, if you don't like it you can return it within 30 days... and you won't... pair this bad boy with a Logitech MX-1000... Pure Input Pleasure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:04 am 
 WWW  Profile

I first saw the Deck in a Maximum PC ad (perfect choice, by the way--MaxPC is the best PC magazine written). I really noticed the Deck because I hate the number pad on keyboards, especially because it's located between where I type and my mouse. This makes me have to turn to either type or mouse, which gets very uncomfortable. So I've been looking for a keyboard with full-size keys and no number pad for a while now.

I came to the site and noticed that the backlighting on the keys actually makes sense! Instead of a field of light under transparent keys with black lettering, the letters themselves light up! Not only does that make it extremely easy to read the keys when it's dark, but the keyboard is still gorgeous with the lights on!

I ordered one the next day and just got it today. Couldn't be happier with it. At first I was thinking I'd regret dropping a c-note on a keyboard, but this one is definitely worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:28 am 

Ya, that is where I saw the ad too, and ya I also beleive that Maximum PC is the best PC mag. Kudos on your taste levib! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:48 am 
I've had my Fire Deck keyboard for about 3 weeks now and it is simply the best keyboard money can buy!! If your still just sitting there wondering of the quality of this product wonder no more.. Once you have this keyboard on your desk you will feel sorry for anyone that still use MS or Logitech keyboards. When I can I'm going to order my second Deck Keyboard (Ice version). I've been brining my Deck to work because its such a great KB I dont want to work or play with out it. This keyboard is built to last..I'm sure I'll end up putting this in my will to my future kids. I feel its built that well. Go ahead and ORDER it already...you wont be sorry!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:15 pm 

Quality un-surpassed in any publicly available keyboard ! I cannot believe the phenominal feel of the keys . If your computer really means alot to you you will buy this keyboard .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:04 pm 
I have been using my Deck Fire keyboard for two weeks now and it is by far the best keyboard I have ever used and well worth the money. I like to surf and game at night under low light conditions and the lighted keys are so bright I just love it! I have a pull out platform below the desk for the keyboard and the fact that it is small and simple really is nice as well as the feel of this board and the keys is top quality. Pick one you won't regret it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:49 pm 
since you guys alrady got the keyboards :) how's the keystroke feel like? Cause you know those on standard keyboard like Microsoft and Logitech, they're just don't give you the feel, I felt like cheap quality. So just wonderng if you guys can tell me about the keystrokes :) thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:57 pm 
 WWW  Profile

The keystroke is springy, with the activation just above where the key hits bottom. It makes the nice clacking sound of a well-built keyboard. Overall, you can tell the keyboards are built very well. They're even somewhat heavy, probably largely due to the solid metal bottom. No, I'm not kidding--the bottom is a solid piece of metal.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]