It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just got my kb, comments..
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:50 pm 
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I just got my Fire keyboard today from Thinkgeek.

I wanted to get the black shell, but that + deck's shipping just seemed like too much.

The keyboard feels nice, has a little but of warpage though -- like a chair where one of the legs is a tiny bit too short.

I can't figure out how to get the keycaps off... do I have to open up the keyboard for that, or is there an easy way to pop them off?

Also, I didn't notice how much I enjoyed this until I hooked up the keyboard: I love having a usb hub in my keyboard, and I miss it in the deck. Anyone ever tried modding a small hub into the deck? I might take a stab at it if it looks like there's enough space, I have a small usb 1.1 hub laying around unused.

Other than that, great keyboard. I've already got a Happy Hacker, and I love that one too. Most of the time when people see the keyboard and ask why I'm using such a tiny one, I tell them I'm compensating :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:47 am 
 WWW  Profile

Too bad someone hasn't answered your questions already.

The warpage may only be a misplaced foot. If it is on part of one of the raised diamond plate ridges, it will wobble. Gently pry it off and re-glue it on the flat surface.

You can get a key removal tool, but I just use a couple of large paper clips. Catch the bottom edge of opposing corners and pull up firmly. You may have to wiggle it a bit. They come off easy enough, then press back on again.

Grump
These keyboards are great, but if you wanna talk about floors, visit my website, TheFloorPro.com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:49 pm 

My keyboard has the misplaced foot issue as well. It's not because it's on one of the bumps, but that the feet aren't exactly lined up. I could reposition it like Grump said, but it's so small I only notice when I'm looking for it.

As for the black housing, email support and they may work with you. I had the same complaint about the shipping cost, and they offered me a discount on it if I ordered by phone. I paid the listed price of the housing, plus what they paid UPS to ship it. Deck is a great company in the respect that they will be upfront and work with you, to the extent that is reasonable.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]