It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Just got my new Legend--LOVE IT
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:19 pm 

The pictures on the site and in reviews don't do it justice. The keyboard has a nice sheen thanks to the tiny specks of silver embedded in the black housing. And the keys light up cleanly even at full brightness.

Yes, the keys are somewhat mushy compared to the Deck 82-key, but they seem to have slightly shorter throws and are spaced further apart--just like on a regular keyboard.

My only complaint is that the keys aren't as easy to depress as my prior keyboards, so I'm getting a bit of a workout when typing. My hope is that the keyswitches will loosen up over time (or my fingers will get stronger). I could see myself getting a repetitive stress disorder if they never loosen up.

Keep up the great work, guys. This is will be my only keyboard for a long while--that is, until you guys come up with a copy of the Mac layout!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:12 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for the good words dchang0! :)

The key switches should loosen up a little bit over time. Either that or your hands will get used to it because I don't have any problem using mine right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:29 pm 

Yeah, they're beginning to loosen up already, after only a couple of days. I can tell because the keys I use most often are noticeably smoother than the ones I use least. Eventually, I'll hit every key on the board, and this Legend will be as loved as my ol' trusty IBM clickety-clack or my Apple Pro black-and-clear.

Note to other potential Deck buyers: even though the keys loosen up, they don't get loose--we're not talking about wiggly keys here like on cheap keyboards.

BTW, I put some extra rubber feet on the back of the Deck, which in addition to the two front rubber feet make the Legend immobile. It's actually kind of annoying, because I found that I like to nudge my keyboard around my desk throughout the day.