It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just got my Deck "Fire" Keyboard and ....... a lit
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:41 pm 
First off, first class web site and packing, shipping, etc.

Product is warped and does not lay flat. Very annoying. I've carefully inspected the underside and gave the black rubber feet a good eye-balling. They appear to offer the same height at all four corners with none of the feet resting anymore than the others next to the diamond stamps that adorn the diamond plate.

Next, The body or casing of the keyboard. holding it up and looking at it dead on, you can see a slight warp in the casing from the front one edge to the next. This may be caused from the molding process of the plastic casing or even one screw tighter than the next in one corner etc. I dunno.

I love the look, the key action and the fact is it unique with perhaps me having the only one in Topeka, Kansas. Now, with that said, a $100 dollar bill lays flater than this keyboard. I took that $100 dollar bill, used it to purchase this keyboard and, it doesn't lay flat. Something you would NOT expect, specially after spending $100 dollars.

It's been a bitter sweet anit-climax. I love it but, I'm sad it doesn't lay flat. Also, I was given an extra skull key to change out with another key if I so desired, however, I do not see at all the metal pull thinga-ma-jig that I've seen in some of the reviews. Perhaps I have to purchase this alone?

My other keyboard was a P.O.S. so as soon as this thing showed up I gladly tossed that one in the outside trashcan and into the water and gunk that was at the bottom, ( our trash day was monday ) so after going back out to fish the old one out as I would rather use a $1 dollar keyboard that lays flat than a $100 dollar one that doesnt, I couldnt do that due the fact like I said, it was gross all over.

So ...............

I really really hate sending anything back and having to wait for a replacement. It's either done right the first time or, I take the loss. Educations are expensive and you charge it to the game in the end.

I would have contacted the support email provided but I do not think it works. I emailed that address last week asking if I could purchase these via PayPal. I had $600 plus dollars in my account at the time and wanted to purchase several of these keyboards for myself, boyfriend and gifts with that money. However, the email went unanswered.

I wish Deck Keyboards the Best of Luck in the Future.

Kristina Oom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:19 pm 

My Deck lays perfectly flat, and when I found one of my keys to be misprinted and E-mailed the tech support E-mail address, I had a new key in my hand within 3 days from the time I sent the E-mail, so I know the Tech Support E-mail works. Since my Deck is flat, seems like yours must be defective, I would give the Tech Support E-mail a try since they had my problem taken care of lightning fast. As to pulling the keys, my Deck came with an instruction sheet that clearly stated that a paperclip can be bent into a "keycap remover", I had no problems doing so. (Make a "U" shape out of the paperclip with a "hook" on each side so that it will hold both sides of the key at once, seems alot harder if it's only pulling one side at a time.) I hope this helps! :D

Post subject: Kristina's Fire keyboard
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:31 pm 

Kristina,

First I want to say I'm sorry about the warped keyboard. It should not be warped. I just checked tech support and they will be emailing you very soon (today). We don't like it when someone is not happy with our keyboards. We can do one of three things. You can return it and we can fix or replace it, you can keep it as is or you can return it for a refund. You are right, the keyboard should be better then that. :oops: When a problem occurs I do take it personally. As for the extra keycap, yes a paperclip works very well at no add cost.
Thanks,
Deck Guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:18 pm 
I've moved the feet around and put one of the black plastic feet resting up more on one of the diamonds. The board no longer wobbles. So I am 360o in the happy dept now.

Faith was a little shaken for a few hours but I am currently trying to re-establish my relastionship with my Deck :)

I appreciate the timely response and especially you standing behind your product 100%.

A saying comes to mind and I would like to share it. "even when you don't win, your really have won"

Kristina

Post subject: warped keyboard
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:59 am 
Kristina Oom wrote:
I've moved the feet around and put one of the black plastic feet resting up more on one of the diamonds. The board no longer wobbles. So I am 360o in the happy dept now.

Faith was a little shaken for a few hours but I am currently trying to re-establish my relastionship with my Deck :)

I appreciate the timely response and especially you standing behind your product 100%.

A saying comes to mind and I would like to share it. "even when you don't win, your really have won"

Kristina

hi kristina, i thought mine was warped too, i put it on my desk and it wobbled, i moved feet around but i never thought about putting it on the bump. thanks! people like you will make the deck community great.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]