It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Just received my Deck Legend Ice Tactile board.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:17 pm 

I'm going to be honest. When it arrived in just the box it came in, said box rather unprotected and a tad rough looking. I had a sizable frown on my face. As simulated here - :(

That frown continued as I found one of the keyboard's rubber feet slightly displaced and in another spot. moving it back and re-sticking it corrected this. This could have happened during shipping but still....

I lifted it and felt it a bit, and hit a few keys to get a feel for it, case feels heavy and solid, however plastic feels a grade too low for the product itself, It has a distinct hollow "cheesy" feel to the plastic itself.

Finally, I situated it on my desk, plugged it in. Powered up my PC And immediately set it to the highest brightness and that frown cleared up a bit. That's a bright darn keyboard. It's lowest settings are how well lit the majority of other boards are. Nice lighting and good coverage overall. :)

Then I started to type with it, quite nice! responsive. Springy. clacky goodness. However, number row is slightly recessed below the QWERTY line for no apparent reason. Making it harder to reach in games like MMOs which use the number keys fairly exclusively.

Also I am a bit unhappy with how much force I have to keep applying to the W key to keep moving in games. while A S and D don't have this problem. In addition, the space bar feels kind of low in relation to the other keys and unsatisfying to press. I don't get that same feel of impact with it as with some boards.

Though, and this is a minor gripe. I also have a somewhat generous number of keycaps with slight seams in them where light bleeds through. None are big enough to poke a fingernail into at all however so it's only a slight problem.

Overall I like the actual keyboard somewhat. However, there are too many obvious flaws, imperfections and nagging little issues for a premium product, or at least a product of premium pricing, to recommend to anyone else for me. :(

Edit: I am in fairness giving it a 2 day use period to get used to it though. A lot of my complaints may dissolve or shift then.

Post subject: Re: Just received my Deck Legend Ice Tactile board.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:37 am 

I am a bit unhappy with how much force I have to keep applying to the W key to keep moving in games. while A S and D don't have this problem. In addition, the space bar feels kind of low in relation to the other keys and unsatisfying to press. I don't get that same feel of impact with it as with some boards.

ESky Belt CPX 6Ch