It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Legend ICE Tactile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:16 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

Well I just got my Deck Legend ICE Tactile and I will say that it feels really good with the concave keycaps. It is a little more clicky then my Saitek Eclipse but that is because this has key switches and not a membrane. I like a basic keyboard like this but I do really like having up and down volume / mute keys. The Saitek had the key for brightness and it would just roll over as well. I like how the keys are nice and bright but I do not like that on the larger keys [backspace] [shift] [enter] it is brighter in the middle and both sides are dim not giving over all coverage. The backslash can hardly be seen compared to the pipe. I'm also noticing that about 50% of the keycaps have sublimation issues or fusing issues and you can see light at the top of they keys. Some you can even see the black paint is thin and the blue bleeds through. You can also see where the Numlock, Capslock, Scroll lock lights also bleed through the Chromed Deck logo. I'm going to assume that I received a bad batch of key caps?

Post subject: Re: Legend ICE Tactile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:49 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for the feedback on your recent Deck purchase. I will try to resolve some of the issues you are experiencing.

Quote:
The Saitek had the key for brightness and it would just roll over as well.

I am not sure if you are saying you want a special dedicated key on your Deck to control this but our products do have multiple levels of backlighting. You can control this by pressing the FN key (right of the spacebar) + numbers 1 through 7 on the top row, or FN + 0 on top row for off. You can also step through the levels by pressing FN + up or down arrows as well. Figured I would put that out there as some people miss this information in the user manual.

Quote:
I like how the keys are nice and bright but I do not like that on the larger keys [backspace] [shift] [enter] it is brighter in the middle and both sides are dim not giving over all coverage. The backslash can hardly be seen compared to the pipe.

This is something of a known limitation of the technology we use and occurs because the LED is positioned in the middle of the key which doesn't always reach the sides.

Quote:
I'm also noticing that about 50% of the keycaps have sublimation issues or fusing issues and you can see light at the top of they keys. Some you can even see the black paint is thin and the blue bleeds through. You can also see where the Numlock, Capslock, Scroll lock lights also bleed through the Chromed Deck logo. I'm going to assume that I received a bad batch of key caps?

Sounds like you may have received bad keycaps. Can you email pictures to me at technicalsupport@deckkeyboards.com so I can verify this and provide the most appropriate method to resolve the issue?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:38 am 

BlackDeath wrote:
It is a little more clicky then my Saitek Eclipse but that is because this has key switches and not a membrane

Hi there,

What do you mean by clicky? Just got mine and it doesn't click.

Clicking typically refers to a distinctive "click" sound. The one I got has non-clicking tactile switches. I can say it is even more quiet than the older linear Deck I own (probably because I no longer have bottom down to register a key press)

Last edited by deck4ever on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:56 am 

DeckGuy Adam wrote:
Quote:
I'm also noticing that about 50% of the keycaps have sublimation issues or fusing issues and you can see light at the top of they keys. Some you can even see the black paint is thin and the blue bleeds through. You can also see where the Numlock, Capslock, Scroll lock lights also bleed through the Chromed Deck logo. I'm going to assume that I received a bad batch of key caps?

Sounds like you may have received bad keycaps. Can you email pictures to me at technicalsupport@deckkeyboards.com so I can verify this and provide the most appropriate method to resolve the issue?

I whish I took a picture of mine before filling all the faults/cracks with black nail polish.
Maybe I got spoiled with my first acquisition where [CAPS] was the only key with leakage. The one I received yesterday had at least 10 keycaps with quite obvious leakage.

Can you show us a picture of the worst case of leakage that is still considered within your acceptable quality threshold?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:42 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Unfortunately I do not have a picture of this threshold to share.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:51 pm 

wise choice 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:10 am 

hello I am lesley
I am 21 years old
I like RCTOPSHOP too
And I have playing RC for 3 years
I think we ca become good friends
We can comunicate with each other
Esky Heli Tools