It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Legend vs. original - feel of keys?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:41 pm 
 WWW  Profile

For those of you who have tried both the original and the Legend, how would you compare the keys?

I just got a Legend and the keys feel quite mushy to me, although I am still able to type fast. Is the Deck original keyboard the same?

Post subject: switches
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:34 am 

All three units - keypad, 105 key and the 82 key all use the same Cherry switch under the keycaps. The 105 key Legend has some keycaps that are wider, but the switch under these wider keycaps has about the same "up" force that the smaller keycaps use. Maybe this is why they feel different.

Deck Mgr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:14 pm 

I agree that the keys feel a bit different, but it's hard to qualify it. It might even just be that the Legend gives off a different sound.

The wider keys do feel a little "mushy" I guess, in that they feel like they don't hit as hard when they are fully pressed. I'd rather all the keys feel the same, but I can live with it.

Both keyboards have their advantages. The Legend has a great key layout, but the original is much more heavy-duty. I think If one of my keyboards is still in use in 10 years, it'll be the original Deck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:11 am 

Gave up on my legend ... just didn't like the feel of the keys and I just never could get used to the font used for the keycap artwork.

Its a quality keyboard, but not right for me. I'll probably donate it to one of my gadget friends at some point or give it to my father.

Ended up getting a Logitech G15. Its a much lower quality product with regards to lighting, and I'm sure alot of people won't like the feel of the keys, but the feel works great for me. Far better than the Saitek and I like the programmable macro keys.

Not trying to bash the Deck, just figure they and customers might want to know the feedback from someone who used it for a couple months and just couldn't get used to it. Especially how some of the keys like the numpad enter key had a far different feel than others.

Post subject: keyboards
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:34 am 

Thanks for you honest reply. We like to hear from both sides.

Deck mgr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:38 am 
 WWW  Profile

I gave up on my Legend too. :-( I really didn't like the feel of the keys. The keycap font didn't bother me. I really wish I could've tried it in a local store before ordering.

I'm like jahf in that I think it's a quality keyboard, but not for me.

After a month of sulking (as I've found no other keyboard or keyboard company that excited me like the Deck), I've started looking again. Logitech has some gimmicky keyboards that don't seem to hold up well. I looked at the reviews and forums for the G15 and the DiNovo, but both seem to have poor quality (especially compared to Deck). I'm next going to look at the more basic Logitech and Microsoft keyboards, and maybe IBM and Keytronix. But none of them excite me like the Deck Legend did.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]