It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Are you satisfied with the feel of typing on deck keyboards?
yes 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
no 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: buckling spring key switches?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:53 pm 

I ordered one of the deck keyboards. I really loved it. Except for one thing: there is not really any tactile feedback. Like I say, I really loved the keyboard except for this point.

Is there any chance that you guys could use buckling spring switches in a new version?

I like the way it looked, the font on the keycaps, the size, the heft/build quality, the layout of the keys. I got a black frame with gold keycaps. It was very, very cool. I used it for a couple weeks before I gave up. I didn't want to send it back, but had to in the end because I know I'll have trouble with the lack of good tactile feedback.

Post subject: Re: buckling spring key switches?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:32 am 

phlatphrog wrote:
Is there any chance that you guys could use buckling spring switches in a new version?

I like the way it looked, the font on the keycaps, the size, the heft/build quality, the layout of the keys. I got a black frame with gold keycaps. It was very, very cool. I used it for a couple weeks before I gave up. I didn't want to send it back, but had to in the end because I know I'll have trouble with the lack of good tactile feedback.

Cherry also has the MX key switch with tactile feedback,but its tactile feedback isn't as strong as the IBM buckling spring switch. :(
Anyway if you want to change your Deck key switch into Cherry MX tactile keyswitch,I think you can do it yourself. :D

There is a post I wrote in this forum.I think this should be helpful. http://www.deckkeyboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1142#1142

Enjoy!