It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Packing / shipping material?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:56 pm 

I JUST now got my new Deck Legend "Ice". Love it so far, nice illumination and I think I will get used to the keys quickly. I might have to get a wrist rest, though, as it seems I have to bend my wrists quite a bit to type.

Now to my question.

UPS left the box in front of my door and I was surprised how small the box was.

It was literally just the keyboard with cardboard around it. No padding. A loose sheet of small bubblewrap was laid across the top (had shifted) and that was it...

Is that normal?

I know the way UPS treats packages and I was surprised not so see any padding in that box whatsoever, just the keyboard against the rather thin cardboard...

Seems like my keyboard made it just fine so it must be ok...but are they all shipped like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Lu,
Yes, they are all shipped in a durable box that truly reinforced in the way that it is made and folded. Remember, we don't only make Deck keyboards but other custom keyboards, as well. We've been in business for 20 years, this year. Our experience and research has shown that more packaging is not necessary for this keyboard, not to mention that it's wasteful/harmful to the environment.

We've never had a problem of a keyboard getting damaged. Besides that, Deck keyboards are tough! :lol:

....Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:06 pm 

Thats good to know, since I plan on keeping mine for a while ;)

Def. a good point about the environment.

I did like that it was a plain box, I rather you put the money towards construction and re-search rather then fancy boxes with pictures on them ;)

Lu

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]