It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Need a few tips..
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:02 am 

Well I lent my keyboard to a friend for a weekend while I went home from college, and when I got back, I found that two of the keys have become incredibly 'sticky'.

The only way I can fix them, (temporarly I might add) is to remove the key, push down the trigger and blow into the depressed key.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a permanent fix to this problem, or even any helpful advice would be dandy!

PS. Love the keyboard :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:36 am 

Try some quick drying electronics cleaner with the power off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:17 am 
Site Admin

There is a way to actually wash the keyboard with water. It's a bit time consuming as you need to remove all of the keycaps to do so. Obviously you need to unplug the keyboard first. I will get more details to you tomorrow, directly from the engineer.......Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

From the engineer: Unplug it. You can take the housing (the plastic case it is in) apart and detach the circuit board from the top housing. You can use like a drop of mild dish soap and actually submerge the circuit board part of the keyboard and slosh the soapy water around. The important part is to make sure that it is completely, totallydry before plugging it in again. To dry it, I would suggest letting it sit in front of a fan, from different angles for a least a day......Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:30 pm 

A small solution of Pine-Sol and deionized water works better than dish soap.

You need to make sure you use original Pine-Sol as it's active ingredient real pine oil, which is also contained in solder flux that helps remove oxidation. The other chemicals shouldn't damage anything but will act as anti-micro-biologicals and prevent fungi, bacteria, and whatnot that grow on circuit boards when they become damp.

You should then rinse the board with deionized water. (most distilled water will work too) and let it air dry.

The above is how I clean PCB's that get liquid damage. I doubt the deck's PCB is much different. I'd hope & highly doubt their solder mask isn't some off beat chemical that would react with the pine-sol.

Post subject: Re: Need a few tips..
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:34 pm 

RCTOPSHOP doesn't want you to spend time building when you can be having fun flying your new electric RC helicopter. We feature a great assortment of RC helicopters that come factory assembled and ready to fly. Don't Delay. Order An RC Helicopter Today!

Esky Honey Bee FP V2