It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: To anyone considering buying a Deck Legend
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:30 pm 

I looked around on these forums and at reviews on the net a bit before purchasing. Was trying to decide between the Saitek eclipse, or Logitech Gwhatever and found the Deck site. Really liked the look of the Deck, but wasn't really considering it due to the price. Got a nice big tax return, and took another look at the Deck, after reading about the key wear, brightness, feel etc. of the Logitech and Saitek. Went with the Deck Legend Ice, and WOW this thing is GREAT. After handling the Saitek and Logitech boards, this one feels MUCH better constructed, better fit and finish etc. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, and in the case of the Deck Keyboard, it's worth EVERY PENNY! Bought it to replace my EluminX which was getting dimmer and dimmer after 3 years, and my only regret is that I didn't get a Deck first. The lighting is nice and bright, just like I wanted, much brighter than the EluminX, and the blue matches the case lighting in my PC perfectly, as if it was built with this keyboard in mind.

So in short, if you're considering a Deck, BUY IT! Definitely worth the price for me.

Only thing I might do is paint the case to match my green Alienware predator case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:24 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for the kind words! We are glad you love your Deck! Just remember that even if you mod your Deck by painting it (or any other mod that is done right) our warranty will still cover it! How many other companies can do that for you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:39 am 

There's no comparison between the Deck Legend and the Saitek Eclipse or Logitech G-series keyboards. The Logitech and Saitek feel cheap and flimsy, with weak glow, wiggly keys, and thin plastic. The display models they have at Fry's Electronics are already falling apart; I bought a Logitech G15 and promptly returned it when I found out about the Deck on a gaming hardware review site.

The Deck is in a class all its own--in many ways, it's built better than my old Lexmark/IBM clickety-clack keyboard, which I was glad to pay $150 for six years ago. It's got a heft and feel that immediately indicate solid construction, and the keys are bright enough to illuminate my workspace even with all the lights turned off. My co-workers have all commented positively on my Legend, and they loved my Deck 82 when I brought it to work from home.

It's really too bad that so many people immediately lose interest in the keyboard when they hear the price. I approached the purchase price this way: considering how much I might spend on doctor's bills if I contracted repetitive stress disorder (I am literally using a computer 13 to 16 hours a day), this is a real bargain. And the real clincher that caused me to spring for the Legend was that I accidentally hit the wrong key on my unlit Mac Pro Keyboard and lost $50 on a stock trade--if I hadn't caught the mistake, I might've lost much more than the price of a Deck in that one trade.

The Deck Legend is a screaming bargain if you think about it in terms of utility and bang for the buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:42 pm 

I agree with your view of price. I had my last keyboard (A Gateway branded Microswitch) for 15 years of everyday use. I wore the keycaps smooth. My Deck Legend is a better quality replacement and I expect to have it as long. Spread out over many years it is a smart purchase. And the letters won't wear off!