It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New Deck Legend Ice - Its been a month so I posted review.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:44 pm 

I just got my new deck keyboard in and I love it so far! I highly suggest them to anyone looking to buy a quality keyboard, I had a dell quietkeys for many years and it was fine, but this thing is just awesome. It will take a little getting use to the slightly stiffer keys but I am positive that I will have no problems in a day or two. I plan on writing a full review on the forum in about a month after owning this board, so check back if you would like to read more.

Thanks TG3 and the Deck forum Staff for being so very helpful in the past few months while I was trying to decide on which one to get.

Last edited by mojo on Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:14 pm 

I just got mine today too, and the tagline on the box is exactly right. This is DEFINITELY the last keyboard I will ever buy, this thing is GREAT!!! Ordered the extra keycaps too and used them all, as I'm a CounterStrike: Source addict, and admin a server running a WCSmod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:54 am 

Well it has been a month now, and so I am back.

The keys have lightened up a bit, i love typing on this thing. I have spent about a good 42 hours coding on this board and I really just love how it feels and responds. I have had 0 problems with it, it has visited two lan parties now. Some of the people there at first were like "Eh, 150$ for a keyboard is not worth it.." after about 3 minutes of playing a game on my computer they started to comment on how much they liked the keyboard and such and with the different levels of light they could easily play in the dark.

You cant beat the structural integrity of this keyboard as well, most keyboards creek and bend and warp if you try to twist them and even a lot do it as you pick it up from one side. This thing makes a few quick noises and then stops, no warping no bending, no "Am I going to break this thing?!".

I sold one person who just bought her Toxic the other day when I showed her the light level settings on this thing. At first she was like eh, its to bright (at level 5), so I showed her all the settings. About a week later she had to buy one, it just had to sink in a bit I think. :)

It is mostly the price that gets people, but if you spend time on the computer like I do (around 13 hours a day, its a life and a hobby) you gotta have the best you can get your hands on. This is the best, its worth every penny. The hardest part about selling it to friends is the price, but once they use it and start to grasp what you can do with it (mods and such) they start to want one more and more.

If you have the money, buy one. The quality, the durability, everything makes it worth while purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:21 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for the great review mojo! We are always happy when our customers love what we make as much as we do!

I also think you hit the nail on the head about the pricetag...most people tell us "$150?!? You're crazy!" That is why we have our 30-day money back guarantee (by the way how many other keyboard companies give you that?). Very few people have sent them back to this very day out of thousands of customers, even the ones who weren't sure if it is worth the $$$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:16 am 

Considering how much faster I can type with my Legend, $150 is well worth it for even non-gamers. Last night, I was just marveling at how wonderful it is to have my Deck 82-key (which is faster and smoother than my Legend); I was hammering out a bunch of overdue late-night emails to my clients. As a computer consultant, each of those emails means potential or real earnings--I have already recouped the cost of both of my Deck keyboards in just a few months.

Post subject: Re: New Deck Legend Ice - Its been a month so I posted revi
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:20 pm 

BAR NONE!! your not just getting a keyboard, your getting a keyboard made by a company thats been making keyboards since 1986 and customer support that actually cares more about customers than getting a high score in solitare.