It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: mutli-colored LEDs for programmable colored backlighting
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:58 am 
 WWW  Profile

Hi - I have an 82-key Deck fire and like it a lot.. I've had it for about a year now.. I was thinking if would be super cool if you all considered using multi colored LEDs (like this one) which could be programed via software (optimal for max flexibility of color programming) or switches (basic on off change color type) to be any number of colors.. you could have them change color on key-stroke, change colors to highlight different gaming key leyouts (WASD and weapons changing, inventory, etc..) and well, slow color fade in and out, or sweeping accross the KB, etc... sort of a screen saver effect. The possibilities for different on-the-fly color changing would be huge. I think.. anyways.. controlling the colors is likely not going to be easy, but I think it would be extremely bad ass to have a KB with that capability. I was just thinking about this and wanted to post it. Have a super day everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:45 am 
Site Admin

That is a cool idea, however, it would be extremely expensive to design, manufacture, and therfore, sell. Plus, the different currency between the different colors would pose a problem.....maybe something to try to mod on your own though!.....Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:54 pm 

You could always swap the lights out with a bunch of slow color change RGB LEDs, but that could get a little distracting. :P