It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Icy Fire Legend
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:28 pm 

Here is my modified Fire Legend with the top row in Ice blue.

When changing from red LEDs to blue LEDs the procedure is a bit more difficult than just swapping out the LEDs. The resistors in series with the LEDs must also be changed because the forward voltages of red LEDs and blue LEDs are different.

To change out the top row of keys, I removed the 120 ohm resisters R3A – R3A7 and left those spaces empty. (These resistors are clearly labeled R3A – R3A7 on the circuit board.) Then I installed 330 ohm resistors in the empty spaces labeled R3B – R3B7 and R3G – R3G7. Then I swapped the red LEDs with Blue LEDs.

Notes:

1.The LEDs in every two keys on the keyboard are paired to to their series resistors. For example: R3A, R3B and R3G affect the LEDs in the Esc key and F1 key. R3A1, R3B1 and R3G1 affect the LEDs in the F2 and F3 keys and so on. (If you change the LED in the esc key from red to blue, you will also have to change the LED in the F1 key from red to blue.)

2.Only the resistors for the top row of keys are accessible. The resistors for all of the other keys are hidden behind the aluminum frame of the circuit board.

A big thanks goes to the nice folks at Deck who were generous enough to make the Legend schematic available on this website.

Sorry about the fuzzy picture.

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:44 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Wow that is fantastic! You are the first person (that we have seen) who has modded a Fire/Gold deck to include Ice/Toxic LEDs! This is the exact reason we provide the schematic, we encourage modding like this and even cover it under our warranty!

Again, great job! We always love to see our customers getting creative like this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:24 am 

I'm impressed! Well done!

Post subject: Re: Icy Fire Legend
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:57 am 

Has the board design been changed from the model this guy is using to change the top? Cause when I have mine out of the case I just still can't seem to locate the ones that he's talking about which to me they seem to be behind the aluminum board that he's mentioning? Any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:56 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

I took a look and I can't find a revision of the product where they are completely exposed. It appears to me you would need to remove the top row of switches to get at the resistors. Not too much more work if you are already desoldering the LEDs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:31 am 

Cause when I have mine out of the case I just still can't seem to locate the ones that he's talking about which to me they seem to be behind the aluminum board that he's mentioning? Any help is appreciated.