It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Questions for potential buyer =D
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:44 am 

Hey all, im interested in purchasing a Deck Ice original keyboard with standard keycaps, but i have some questions first.
1. How would you compare the key response of the original to that of the legends?
2. Are the keys on the legend just as wide as the ones on the original?
3. How would you compare the noise level while typing to that of a logitech classic keyboard plus?

Thanks in advance, sorry to bother

Post subject: Re: Questions for potential buyer =D
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:00 pm 

Skarekrow wrote:
Hey all, im interested in purchasing a Deck Ice original keyboard with standard keycaps, but i have some questions first.
1. How would you compare the key response of the original to that of the legends?
2. Are the keys on the legend just as wide as the ones on the original?
3. How would you compare the noise level while typing to that of a logitech classic keyboard plus?

Thanks in advance, sorry to bother

Never had an original, but key responsiveness is nice, it doesnt have a spongy feel.

I think the keys on the legend are spread out more than the original. the legend is a full size standard keyboard.

The Deck Legend puts off a little noise when you type. This is what i prefer though. I havnt ever used a Logitech Classic. But if you are familiar with Old style Dell QuietKeys Keyboard, the noise is about the same.

The only drawback with ordering a deck is you can't try it before you buy it. However they offer the 30 days. So i took a chance. I will never look back, the legend is exactly what i was looking for, but couldnt find. Well until i found it. As soon as it was on my desk and I typed a paragraph I completely forgot about the price.

It looks simply gorgeous.

Best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:11 am 

thanks for the reply. I wouldnt mind spending the cash to try the keyboard, the only thing is that i dont live in the United States. =/
So if i dont like the keyboard for some reason, i'd have wasted the shipping cost ( about thirty USD), which i dont want to be the case. Could anyone also tell me how much effort is required to press a key down? Would you say the keyboard has stiff keys? Coz the last thing i'd want is the dislike the key response, which was the case with a Razer Tarantula i bought some time ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, the keys on the Deck and the Legend are spaced the exact same....which is a standard spacing in the keyboard industry. I think the Deck (82 key) just seems smaller because it doesn't have the keypad and so much of the plastic housing around it.

....Deck Girl Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:48 pm 

From someone who owns both I can assure you they are exactly the same when it comes to fell when typing (both use the same switches) and that I can't tell the difference when using them for normal text typing. The difference I notice is when doing non-typing key operations (such as cursor position and gaming) my muscle memory is off when using the 82-key (due to different locations) but I've become almost as effective due to my laptop having a close layout to the 82-key.