It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: What's the real color of "Gold"
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:49 pm 

I ask because in this picture it looks more orange...

And in this it looks more yellow...

I realize a lot has to do with how the picture was taken and I haven't been able to find any other pictures of this version, so I'm hoping someone who owns one can shed some light on the true shade of light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:34 pm 

I haven't seen one in person but I would imagine it is a deep yellow, almost golden, color.... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:33 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Hi Dural,

As you said it does depend alot on how the pictures were taken. I can tell you firsthand that taking 100% accurate photos of a backlit keyboard is quite difficult; actually making them look representative of the actual product as it is translated across the web and onto everyone's displays (which also have a wide range of color settings) is even harder.

To answer your question, in my opinion it looks more like the first photo and has a deeper more orangish, less yellow hue at full LED brightness (level 7 of 7). I did not personally take either of those photos but I think for the second photo the brightness was turned down on the keyboard (probably level 2-3 of 7) which would give it a more yellow hue. This was probably done to make it easier to photograph.

Also keep in mind you can try a Deck with no worries as they all have a 30-day money back guarantee. If you don't like any part of it simply return it for a full refund!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:21 pm 

I went ahead and ordered the gold; I'll take accurate pics when it arrives :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:44 pm 

Well I got the keyboard, here are the pics.

The case is illuminated more than the picture shows, but the keys are pretty accurate, perhaps a touch more yellow than in person.

I love the back lighting, it's easily the most impressive example I've seen to date. It's almost as if I'm expecting the keys to be warm to the touch, as they glow like hot ambers. Build quality also seems high, although I'd expect no less for the price.

Two things I don't care for, at least initially...

- The space bar is sunken and lays flatter than the rest of the keys, which slope forward. As a result I find myself hitting the space bar on the lower corner, but if the space bar was at the same angle as the other keys, it would hit flush in the center.

- The linear keys aren't bad to type on (perhaps a little stiffer than I'm used to), but when gaming I've found myself suddenly stop walking forward a number times when multiple key presses are requires (like W + Shift), as there's more resistance at the bottom than I'm used to and no tactile feedback on when a key is about to be released. This may be something I'll adjust to, but it makes me wish this was a buckling spring keyboard (or similar mechanical switch), as it would make it perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:15 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for sharing the pics Dural, and glad to hear you like your Deck! Those keys should get a little less stiff (or your fingers will get accustomed to the stiffer press) over time, I know mine have.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]