It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newkey cap
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:28 am 

Any plans on a Tux key for us Linux users :) ?

I have had my Deck since you guys released it, still works the same as the day I got it, for those not sure about the purchase dont even sweat it , its worth it.

Only problem I ever had was originaly my hands got a bit tired typing, cause of the longer key stroke, but you get used to it quick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:09 am 
Site Admin

we'll keep the Tux key in mind, especially if we hear from more Linux users. Thanks for the great review! ....Deck Girl Amy

Post subject: Re: Newkey cap
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:51 am 

Perfex wrote:
Only problem I ever had was originaly my hands got a bit tired typing, cause of the longer key stroke, but you get used to it quick

I am Linux user too.:D I like my Deck original keyboard very much and I would like to spend a lot of time on "researching" the powerfull keyboard all over the world. :wink:
I suppose that some one will have the tired typing problem as you,because Deck use a Cherry MX linear action key switch under keycap.Generally many people think that it will take more power to press the Cherry MX linear action keys than other Cherry MX keys.By the way,I think Deck keyboard do not have the longer key stroke,it just has higher keycaps than the usual keyboard.
There are many solutions to solve this problem.The most simple one is to practise your hands.I do not mean yours hands should be stronger. I just want you to know that you could make the shorter key stroke when you press the keys.The total travel of Cherry MX linear action key switch is about 4mm,but when you make a 1.5mm long key stroke of total travel the operating force is about 45-50 grams and the signal is already sent to the computer.This isn't a high operating force.The other 2.5mm travel of key stroke does not send a signal but waste your power.So you should control your hands when you make a key stroke.If you make the total travel on every key stroke,I think it is easy to feel tired.
The other solution is to change the key's core spindle and spring(not the whole key switch :!: ) that Deck keyboard use.You can use another Cherry MX key switch's part to change the original key switch's part.The Cherry MX with tactile feel(ergonomic) and MX click tactile key switch have the lower operating force than the linear action.Unfortunatly I couldn't find any HOW-TOs in English to show you,but there is a HOW-TO(writen in traditonal chinese) with a lot of pictures,I think the picture is easy to understand.

Enjoy!

Some information about Cherry MX key switch. [K.Tanaka] (Writen in japanese)http://park16.wakwak.com/%7Eex4/kb/tech_cherry_mx.htm
How to change the original Cherry MX key switch. [Kojiroh] (Writen in traditional chinese)http://kojiroh.a6.idv.tw/html/td_01.htm
Thanks this two writers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:58 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Tux keycap set is now available on our main site, click here to visit the keycap page!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]